• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Matty Meltdown - Failcons VS Seachickens Thread

Saca312

41 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

fug ATL - Matty Ice - the GA Dome - "Rise Up" - Samuel L Jackson - that dude that hit Cam in the head - Mike Vick - Home Depot - fake crowd noise - Chick Fil-A - new butt Dome. 

All of it....

I draw the line at Chick Fil-A. Don't care what no one says, I love that damn chicken/Pickles sammich and waffle fries. I'd choke a motherfugga out for one of those combos right now. 

15 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I draw the line at Chick Fil-A. Don't care what no one says, I love that damn chicken/Pickles sammich and waffle fries. I'd choke a motherfugga out for one of those combos right now. 

With ketchup.

*** the fries tho.

How the Seahawks can upset the Falcons

1. Put a tent over the top of Julio Jones

Why it's important: Jones is going to make some plays. We know that much. He did it in the first matchup with the Seahawks in Week 6, catching seven passes for 139 yards and a touchdown. And that's when Seattle still had free safety Earl Thomas, who is out for the entire postseason with a broken left leg. But what you can't do is let Jones blow the game open, as he did against Carolina in Week 4 (12 catches for 300 yards and a TD).

How you do it: The Seahawks will play their core Cover 3 coverage. And when they do, I would have cornerback Richard Sherman travel with Jones, whether he aligns on the left or right side of the field. One thing I noticed in the first matchup was that Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan moved Jones in the slot to get him away from Sherman in Cover 3 (Sherman doesn't travel inside when playing zone coverage).

On Saturday, without Thomas patrolling the deep middle, the Seahawks need to mix it up when Jones bumps inside to ensure that Sherman can travel. I like Cover 1 "robber" defense in this instance because it allows Sherman to use his press-man ability in the slot against Jones and gives the Seahawks two levels of inside help.

Another option, which I like a lot for Saturday, is playing more split-safety looks (2-Man, Cover 2, etc.) to limit the deep ball to Jones. Ever since Thomas went down with an injury, the Seahawks have been showing some of these looks. Here's one from the wild-card game against the Lions:

170113BowenSeahawks1.gif

This is 2-Man (two-deep, man-under) from Seattle with both safeties deep and the underneath defenders playing man coverage. It not only gives the Seahawks some protection over the top but also allows both cornerbacks and underneath defenders to play with an aggressive, man-trail technique. They can challenge the break (and take some risks) with the safeties sitting in a position to drive downhill or cover the deep ball over the top.

I don't care if Jones catches slant routes or curl routes against this scheme. That isn't going to get the Seahawks beat. But the fade, post or wheel routes from the slot? That's trouble, and I'd take it away with safeties waiting for Jones in the deep half versus the vertical passing game.

2. Test the physicality of the Falcons' defensive front

Why it's important: During the regular season, the Falcons' defense allowed an average of 104.5 rushing yards per game (17th in the NFL) and 4.52 yards per carry (26th). And after Seahawks running back Thomas Rawls rushed for 161 yards and a touchdown on 27 carries (6.0 yards per carry) in the wild-card win over Detroit, it's clear Seattle has a real opportunity to control tempo with the running game. Rawls hit the hole with speed versus the Lions; he played with excellent vision, and I love how he finishes runs. He forces defensive backs to get those pads down at the point of attack. He needs to see 20 touches on Saturday -- at least.

How you do it: With the pro-style run game, I would get Rawls going first with a lead-weak scheme. Hat on a hat, with the fullback leading him through the hole. Old-school. Then mix in the zone and split-zone schemes to give Rawls options to bounce outside, hit the inside lane or cut the ball back. And don't forget about the zone-read. Seattle QB Russell Wilson has dropped the knee brace; he is much more mobile than he was earlier this season, and the zone-read puts stress on the defensive end. That's going to create a situation where Rawls can get downhill (with speed) or bend the ball back.

Here's an example of his ability to bend off a zone-read look:

170113BowenSeahawks2.gif

In the zone-read, Wilson "reads" the defensive end through the mesh point (QB/RB exchange). In the instance above, the defensive end hesitates to crash down the line due to the threat of Wilson keeping the ball. That gives Rawls a lane to cut the ball back (bend) and attack the seam created off the tight end. This caters to Rawls' vision and footwork, along with his ability to hit the hole hard through the second level for an explosive gain.

The Seahawks can attack you in a variety of ways in the run game. They can reduce the formation and lean on pro-style schemes or go to spread sets and run the zone-read or run-pass options (RPOs). However, looking past scheme here for a moment, the idea is to test the Falcons up front and find out just how physical they are. If the Seahawks can establish the run and begin to dictate tempo, they can control the flow of the game -- which is exactly how you win on the road.

3. Move WR Doug Baldwin all over the field to create matchups

Why it's important: Even if Seattle can produce numbers on the ground with Rawls (which I think they will), the ability to generate some explosive plays in the passing game is key. Let's be honest: You have to score points to beat Atlanta. Baldwin's ability to win from the slot or outside the numbers gives the Seahawks a chance to create some big plays in the passing game to keep pace with the Falcons' offense.

How you do it: Obviously, you want Baldwin to work the inside seams and the quick passing game from a slot alignment. He's the top slot receiver in the league, with the ability to hit the natural windows versus three-deep and expose the matchups underneath versus man coverage.

But I'd also want him outside. Without Falcons cornerback Desmond Trufant on the field, Seattle can test Atlanta's secondary with double-moves and straight vertical shots. During the regular season, the Falcons allowed 26 completions on passes that traveled 20 yards or more. That ranked 26th in the NFL. In other words, don't just stick to underneath stuff with Baldwin. Take some shots and get him 10 targets in this game from a variety of alignments to keep the defense guessing.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/18458389/how-seattle-seahawks-green-bay-packers-pull-divisional-round-upsets-nfl-2016

Today I am a Seahawks fan!!

51 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Just don't step over to my side of the line and we are good ;)

fug ATL - Matty Ice - the GA Dome - "Rise Up" - Samuel L Jackson - that dude that hit Cam in the head - Mike Vick - Home Depot - fake crowd noise - Chick Fil-A - new butt Dome. 

All of it....

My old physics professor used to buy chick-fil-a for my class in the morning ... sorry off-topic but I'm kind of hungry [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

please for the love of god let the seahawks beat the falcons....i cant live in a world where Falcon fans have joy. 

Well isn't there a defense questionable and if they play the Packers it'll be bad and if they play the Cowboys it'll be bad because they have two really good offenses[emoji85][emoji85][emoji85][emoji86][emoji86][emoji87][emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived