• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

atlanta

juliosantos

5 minutes ago, Johnny Rockets said:

I went to lunch with 4 coworkers on Friday all who are Panther fans. They all said that they were pulling for Atlanta in the playoffs because they were part of their division and you need to "support your own." We spent 30 mins arguing over how stupid that sounded to me. I had Pork Belly tacos and a kale/ arugula salad with Asian dressing if anyone was wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Did they have a vegan burger?

4 minutes ago, RealBitsOfPanther said:

At this point, you have to pull for Green Bay or Kansas City to win. Every other team is hateable. 

I don't know why people hate the Steelers. They are an organization to be emulated. It's kind of small-minded to hate them because they win, and they've always pretty much done it the right way.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

I don't know why people hate the Steelers. They are an organization to be emulated. It's kind of small-minded to hate them because they win, and they've always pretty much done it the right way.

I think it's because of their fan base being primarily regarded as a**holes. As least that's why I hate them.

2 minutes ago, Burnout189 said:

I think it's because of their fan base being primarily regarded as a**holes. As least that's why I hate them.

Honestly, I have never heard that as a national narrative, but if it is a perception, I believe it's just an extension of irrational hate. I stayed in Pittsburgh for a little bit, and I found it to be a big city with a small town feel or atmosphere. The people were more genteel than "assholish," but that was a long time ago. I just found the whole city somewhat charming, and found their fans to be more like the Packers' than the Eagles'.

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Honestly, I have never heard that as a national narrative, but if it is a perception, I believe it's just an extension of irrational hate. I stayed in Pittsburgh for a little bit, and I found it to be a big city with a small town feel or atmosphere. The people were more genteel than "assholish," but that was a long time ago. I just found the whole city somewhat charming, and found their fans to be more like the Packers' than the Eagles'.

Pittsburgh natives are probably great and all, but just like Cowboys fans most of the Steelers fans I come across are at their best when cooking meth in a Wal-Mart bathroom.

1 hour ago, Johnny Rockets said:

I went to lunch with 4 coworkers on Friday all who are Panther fans. They all said that they were pulling for Atlanta in the playoffs because they were part of their division and you need to "support your own." We spent 30 mins arguing over how stupid that sounded to me. I had Pork Belly tacos and a kale/ arugula salad with Asian dressing if anyone was wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

yeah in a lot of ways joe panthers fan (meaning somebody who doesn't spend thousands of hours yelling about football on the internet) is new to all this and doesn't "get" rivalries.  i knew several panthers fans who were pulling for the saints in super bowl xliv.  it's annoying as poo.

52 minutes ago, top dawg said:

i think it's more about their wal-mart fans in the carolinas than the organization or team itself.

Archived