• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you rather (Ginn/DJax edition)

@bobbyagnese

8 hours ago, Udogg said:

Gettleman checklist for signing a 30 year old WR. 

1. Is he a team first guy or veteran that can teach our young WR's the ropes

2. Cheap

Why do people say these things? Do people not remember the Panthers were in Cap hell when Ginn was signed the first time and still weren't out of it the second time he came back? 

I mean at what point will people connect the dots and realize that there was literally no money to make moves for people better than Ginn? 

Is it really such a hard concept to make? 

>goes grocery shopping

>see's T-bones 

>wants T-bones

>Only has 100 bucks to spend on several items

>Thinks about eating T-bone for one night and starving the rest of the week

>shakes it off and buys enough food for the rest of the week instead of one night

>Gets called cheap by peers for now blowing the little cash he had on T-bone steak like the rest of them.

.....ooooookay. 

I think they should keep Ginn and draft the fastest WR in this 2017 class , Idk who that is honestly , someone want to fill me in?

I think Ginn has great chemistry with Cam and I don't think you want to take that away despite the drops . Sign him for somewhat cheap and use the extra money to get the best veteran safety or OT 

I agree the number for Ginn is probably a little high.  But which one i would prefer depends on what we might do with the money we save by signing Ginn instead of Jackson.  We could sign another pretty decent player for 4-6 million.

That being said, I don't see Jackson coming here regardless.  I think he goes back to Philly, assuming they have the CAP room.  

3 minutes ago, juliosantos said:

stop with byrd he was undrafted for a reason , idk what it is with us always hyping up undrafted freeagents byrd is not the answer for wr 

The deciding factor as to why Byrd went undrafted was his tiny size. He had to put on weight and muscle to be taken halfway seriously. Now that he has, he can at least be in the conversation for a roster spot. 

I don't believe that Byrd is the answer anymore than I believe Ginn is the answer. Can they be an answer? Maybe. Byrd's speed doesn't fall off trees.

It's not like UDFA receivers have never made an impact (some significantly).

The deciding factor as to why Byrd went undrafted was his tiny size. He had to put on weight and muscle to be taken halfway seriously. Now that he has, he can at least be in the conversation for a roster spot. 

I don't believe that Byrd is the answer anymore than I believe Ginn is the answer. Can they be an answer? Maybe. Byrd's speed doesn't fall off trees.

It's not like UDFA receivers have never made an impact (some significantly).

Exactly. Let's keep in mind too that the guy has probably packed on 10-15 lbs of lean mass. I know of at least one other 5'9" 185 lb guy with great speed and return ability that worked out pretty well for us. Won't know until we give him a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

49 minutes ago, juliosantos said:

stop with byrd he was undrafted for a reason , idk what it is with us always hyping up undrafted freeagents byrd is not the answer for wr 

People would rather see Cam struggle with another unproven unwanted player than give him a legit pro bowl caliber weapon.

Seems like he wants back in Philly. Doesn't look like we'll be in play for him. Sounds like he is going to ask for top dollar in the free agent market. 

This is where you either love money or the game more than money to compete for a championship. I wouldn't mind him here, I honestly think he would make a huge impact. I don't think he'd come here though, Gettleman will not over spend for a guy, Even now that there is money to spend. Rightly so, why break the bank on one position. 

Archived