• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Rumors: RB Dalvin Cook Off The Field Concerns; Panthers Interest In S Obi Melifonwu

Saca312

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

Well I just searched up Cook a bit more.

Turns out he may have more issues than just "hanging out" with thugs:

http://www.local10.com/news/dalvin-cook-accused-of-punching-woman-outside-tallahassee-bar

He's blaring "Hardy 2.0" to me right now. Not exactly a prospect to take with the 8th pick.

Damn how was this not big news? or maybe I just wasn't made aware of it. Either way that track record means he won't be a Panther.

5 minutes ago, Swaggasaurus said:

Not guilty. What the fug are y'all not getting here

That part isn't relevant anymore.

But the argument with how many women and kids he has is a concern, along with his group he hangs with according to scouts.

The scouts are voicing these concerns. 

16 minutes ago, Swaggasaurus said:

Not guilty. What the fug are y'all not getting here

9 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

That part isn't relevant anymore.

But the argument with how many women and kids he has is a concern, along with his group he hangs with according to scouts.

The scouts are voicing these concerns. 

Exactly, I was referring to his off field concerns not the hitting a woman allegations

I don't even know why the # of kids/baby mamas would be a concern. Don't the president of the United States have two or three BM's, whom I'm sure a good portion of this fan base voted for? As for his friends, they're probably nothing more than dudes he grew up with. Probably don't know a thing about them, and want to call them thugs.

I don't want us to draft him, but the reasons in this thread aren't why. 

With the offseason for many teams in full swing, the draft season is a focal point for many teams hoping to find just the right prospects to bolster their team.

There are good things being said about prospects, and there are bad things.

According to WalterFootball, NFL teams are starting to look into S Obi Melifonwu's potential - including the Panthers - and Dalvin Cook's off-the-field character.

http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2017rumors4.php

On S Obi Melifonwu:

• One prospect that is creating a buzz is UConn safety Obi Melifonwu. He was one of the stars of the weigh-in, as he checked in at 6-foot-4, 219 pounds and obviously is a dedicated patron of the weight room. During the fall, scouting sources told WalterFootball.com that Melifonwu would rise in the lead up to the draft because he is a workout warrior and was putting together a quality senior season. He totaled 118 tackles, three passes broken up, and four interceptions on the year. 

Some sources believe Melifonwu could be a versatile safety with the size and speed to cover tight ends in man coverage. They also feel he can walk down into the box like Deone Bucannon and be an enforcer like Kam Chancellor. While it is very early in the process, here are five teams that are showing a lot of interest in Melifonwu: Seattle Seahawks, Houston Texans, New Orleans Saints, Philadelphia Eagles, and Carolina Panthers. 
I made a topic recently on this particular safety. Looks like I wasn't the only one interested:

[/url] On RB Dalvin Cook's off the field concerns:

• The combine interviews and pre-draft visits are going to be very important for Dalvin Cook. There are some minor off-the-field concerns regarding Cook; not so much with his character, but the company he keeps. Cook is said to have an entourage that has some real thugs. These friends have teams worried that it could be dangerous for Cook to continue hanging around them. Teams are concerned that Cook drinks a heavy amount and could have some challenges with his focus from having multiple kids with multiple women.
  •  
Apparently Cook is a guy who hangs around thugs and has multiple kids with multiple women.

Definitely could affect his draft stock.

Interesting developments. Keep an eye on this offseason.

3f06a75c362f73864808c20dcbc56338.jpg

Bruh 🤦🏾‍♂️[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using
CarolinaHuddle

31 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Worley was defending his girlfriend, and never struck the woman. 

He grabbed her by the throat and shoved her back and I have no problem with that. Dalvin Cook was found not guilty. Worley pleaded no contest and was sentanced. That's my point.

Archived