• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Highest Graded Rookie CBs Of The 2016 Season: Guess Who's Number 1?

Saca312

Bradberry was my favorite pick from the draft last year. Don't know why, but I loved it from the moment it happened. I have optimistic expectations for him moving forward, but I'm not ready to anoint him the heir apparent to Josh Norman with only one solid rookie campaign under his belt.

I hope he continues to improve like he did throughout the season, and I hope he stays healthy next year with no lingering injury issues. I look forward to watching him grow as a player, and hopefully there won't be a sophomore slump/ regression now that Wilkes is running the show on D. 

8 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

This dude is going to be a fuging beast and not be a distraction like the last #24

My lord, who said Norman was a distraction ..if he was, he was a good distraction who shut down most of the number 1s on opposing teams...Why do you even have to mention Norman anyway. This is Bradberrys time get over the Norman comparison especially if you can not say positive things. He is gone. Your like a dumped girlfriend who thought she had the guy under her spell.

I like the Bradberry pick from the start just wished we could have had both.

28 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Why isn't Worley on this list?  Heard this guy "progressed" so well during the season.

giphy.gif

But yeah, Bradberry was solid all year.  

Worley made strides. I don't know his overall rank, but in run support, he was 12th in the league I believe.

1 minute ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Good for him.  He tackled the receivers that caught balls in front of him well, too.  

Yeah, but if you considered realistic expectations, he was never supposed to be as good as Bradberry is, particularly this soon. Even @Jeremy Igo basically told us during the summer that Bradberry was farther along, as well he should have been considering that he was drafted higher. 

Is it fair to clown him for being thrust into a situation that he obviously wasn't prepared for? Are you suggesting that his development as a pro CB this past season had (or has) no merit (except as the butt of jokes)? Put it on record!

3 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

comparing players that play two different positions? ok....

Bradberry is the better overall football players and just due to his position will have far more impact on this team than Shaq not saying Shaq isn't going to  be a stud.

Bradberry will be a better CB than Shaq being a LB.

10 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Yeah, but if you considered realistic expectations, he was never supposed to be as good as Bradberry is, particularly this soon. Even @Jeremy Igo basically told us during the summer that Bradberry was farther along, as well he should have been considering that he was drafted higher. 

Is it fair to clown him for being thrust into a situation that he obviously wasn't prepared for? Are you suggesting that his development as a pro CB this past season had (or has) no merit (except as the butt of jokes)? Put it on record!

The thing is, I don't think he'll ever be a good starter.  Hell, I think is ceiling is just mediocre-average.  He showed nothing this season.  Besides the fact he allows catches for every receiver.  

6 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Bradberry is the better overall football players and just due to his position will have far more impact on this team than Shaq not saying Shaq isn't going to  be a stud.

Bradberry will be a better CB than Shaw being a LB.

Don't know how you come up with that, but hey, it's cool. Just a reminder that Shaq graded out higher at his position than Bradberry at his. Yeah, Bradberry was a rookie, but Shaq was 22nd in the league his rookie year.

4 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

The thing is, I don't think he'll ever be a good starter.  Hell, I think is ceiling is just mediocre-average.  He showed nothing this season.  Besides the fact he allows catches for every receiver.  

A lot of folks felt that way about Norman too.  And then four seasons went buy and he played himself into $50 million guaranteed. 

Some of it is the scheme, with young DB's keep the play in front, and rally up for a tackle, a guy that inexperienced can't be expected to play up in a proven NFL receivers face all game. 

Ideally a rookie third rounder would be behind a vet, and have spot duty, unfortunately he was thrown to the wolves, and IMO down the stretch he played like a number two DB, and he still has room to grow. 

Archived