• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Highest Graded Rookie CBs Of The 2016 Season: Guess Who's Number 1?

Saca312

The Panthers arguably had one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL for the majority of the season. Our corners were inexperienced rookies getting used to the system, and injuries really derailed our potential. The defense was unable to produce early in the season, but there's no doubt our unit finished pretty well off.

Our corners - as much of a rough start they had - began to flash greatness near the end of the season, justifying Gettleman's pick for them.

Turns out Panther fans aren't the only one who saw potential in our corners, specifically Bradberry. 

Guess where he's ranked as far as best rookie corners?

He beats out the likes of Ramsey and Young to overtake the podium at first place. 

James Bradberry, small school kid out of Samford, comes into the spotlight and becomes the biggest steal of the draft. Essentially picked like a high third rounder, he has proven to be one of the best rookies in the NFL this year. 

Looks like the Panthers truly have someone worthy to fill in Norman's jersey. Won't be long until he becomes a mainstream name.

56 minutes ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

He has potential but I'm going to hold off on the "he will be better than Norman" talk.

Never did mention he would/will be better than Norman. I just mentioned the fact he's proven to be solid in filling in after an all-pro cornerback, and he's going to be a well known name soon.

2 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Norman was special... what for 1.5 seasons? And only excelled in a zone scheme.

Let's be honest here, Gamble is still Carolina's best corner in franchise history thus far. Why? Because he was smart, disciplined and athletic. Norman only possessed one of those attributes.

Bradberry may not be athletic as Norman but he's way more coachable and intelligent than Norman. It took Bradberry a few games to 'get it' while it took Norman almost 3 years.

Potential? No, we are beyond that now. Worley has potential. Bradberry is emerging already. 

People act like norman was healing the blind and walking on water ever since he came into the league. He was amazing for his last season and a half with us no doubt, but we have Bradberry for the next few years at a fraction of the cost..  Yeah, I'm good with that

5 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Never did mention he would/will be better than Norman. I just mentioned the fact he's proven to be solid in filling in after an all-pro cornerback, and he's going to be a well known name soon.

I said that day after he was drafted. I knew his athletic potential, but it's his mental awareness & character that I saw that allowed him to have a positive impact as a rookie.

He will be better than Norman 

Bradberry > Shaq 

19 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

I said that day after he was drafted. I knew his athletic potential, but it's his mental awareness & character that I saw that allowed him to have a positive impact as a rookie.

He will be better than Norman 

Bradberry > Shaq 

comparing players that play two different positions? ok....

Archived