• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lessons learned from the Patriots.

pstall

2 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

I'm tired of "we do what we do" and not worry about how the defense is attacking us.

Well said. Just like us last year, the Falcons thought they were going to waltz into that game and win it with the exact same game plan as every other prior game. As soon as the Pats finally outflanked their "bread and butter", they had zero answer.

Brady did have a great comeback but let's be real here. If Atlanta doesn't screw up the last series and makes the field goal, all of Brady's heroics and belichick's great coaching result in a huge L. I am all for giving New England their due but this was more about Atlanta's epic fail than New England's great comeback. 31 unanswered points? Unheard of before last night......

9 minutes ago, Snake said:

The Pats were exactly opposite of what you saw of the Panthers last year. Tackled well and well coached defense. Adjusted on offense when Brady wasn't protected and used the hot hand. 

Our defense was awesome last year. The offense and special teams handed Denver all of their points. It was Brady benefitting from being there 7 times where it was Cam's first. Huge difference. 

3 hours ago, pstall said:

They have athletic versatile players on both sides of the ball.

They wrap up tackles.

They don't get caught up in the draft hype. They draft guys that fit THEIR system.

They have these from what I can tell. They're missing a lot more. Especially the getting something in return and the hot hand one. 

I do give them the athletic one because they do. Just not enough of them though. Need a little more. 

2 hours ago, Nate Dogg said:

Well said. Just like us last year, the Falcons thought they were going to waltz into that game and win it with the exact same game plan as every other prior game. As soon as the Pats finally outflanked their "bread and butter", they had zero answer.

Yes. The coaching bravado that costs so many teams games.

I hate the mindset when a team is on the goal line and runs 4 straight times and the coaches go well if we can't run 1 yard we deserve to lose. No you deserve to lose for being bull headed.

3 hours ago, bull123 said:

Bellichck never stopped coaching...he said he was making a adjustments in the 1st quarter....I saw him with photos talking with his  DL early, as well as thumbing thru more photos late in the game

players make plays, and the pats players made great ones, but graet coaches put them in the right position to do so

our coaches are like Shenahan in that we don't have the feel for the game as it progresses...while Brady is the GOAT, Bellichk is just so much better than anybody we have 

also...hope the falcons take a decade to recover from this

Chill bro there are some people on here(who have never played football before) that say teams don't make adjustments.

Greatest coach ever and it's not close honestly. I'd take Half of Bill for Panthers HC. Would be at least 10X better than all of our coaches combined.

Honestly It makes it way worse really....we know we don't have a coaching staff like that. Ron literally stays in the same spot with the same look on his face the whole damn game....

The Patriots responded to the cool and driven demeanor of Belicheck and Brady, the team made great adjustments but truly it's that the players bought into fighting to the last play--- Hightower did that, responded to Belicheck saying someone on defense had to make a turnover and he did. The defense had to shut them down and did when they had to, the offense started making X factor plays when they had to-- it was just poetry to watch--- even being a Patriot hater-- probably just because they are that good and we are not.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Pats have players who can play multiple positions, there are no egos on that team. Players know their role and they know what is expected of them. If you screw up in a game there's a good chance Bill benches you, if you start talking about how you want to get paid you might get sent to Cleveland.

While I freaking hate the Pats I wish the Panthers could have the consistency ( no consecutive winning seasons) that they have and I wish we had coaches with the football IQ that they have... and of course an owner dedicated to winning would be nice.

The biggest one is never give up. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY on that sideline looked defeated when they were down 25. They kept playing with great focus and remained disciplined. Their coaches kept coaching and making on the fly adjustments. Unlike this team who folds like a lawn chair whenever we are down by 14+. Brady kept his composure like the GOAT he is and didn't go through the motions when he threw that pick 6 and it was 21-0. Just an all around elite franchise.

14 minutes ago, Castavar said:

The biggest one is never give up. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY on that sideline looked defeated when they were down 25. They kept playing with great focus and remained disciplined. Their coaches kept coaching and making on the fly adjustments. Unlike this team who folds like a lawn chair whenever we are down by 14+. Brady kept his composure like the GOAT he is and didn't go through the motions when he threw that pick 6 and it was 21-0. Just an all around elite franchise.

Going into that game no QB had Ever Won a SB throwing a pick 6. That type of turnover use to be an indicator of who was going to lose the game (Just ask Kurt Warner and Peyton Manning). Brady overcame that and a 25 pt deficit in less than a quarter and a half. Midway thru the 3rd quarter the pats needed a FG, 2 TD's, and 2 Two pt conversions just to tie the game!

Let's face it. in terms of the NFL, this is Brady/Belichek world and the rest of us just live in it. When they win it next year (yes I'm calling it now) it'll be the 2nd time they've won it back to back and  3times in 4years.

Archived