• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you watched the games, and you believe Stewart is the reason why the running game sucks...please explain yourself.

Wundrbread33

I see Stewart being mentioned in cut threads, and dogged for this, that, and the other...but honestly, if you watched the games and you feel strongly that Stew has fallen off, or was the main reason why we couldn't run the ball, the floor is yours to explain your damn self.

This isn't a thread about his cap hit either. I feel he is catching a lot of poo for his salary, but it is being cloaked under this guise that he has "fallen off" or is "overrated."

You better bring the heat too: don't just post "he averaged only 3.8 per carry" or some BS like that.

Watch other teams with running games is eye opening.  They have these things call running games, and people called lead blockers.  And I know it's hard to believe but the running backs sometimes don't have people in the backfield and sometimes don't even get touched before they are 4 yards downfield. 

11 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...the running game sucks with stew for the same reason it will suck with fournette....

Exactly. The only reason its slightly better with cam is because he's a beast and with the qb running its 11 on 11.

Just now, Cj72 said:

Exactly. The only reason its slightly better with cam is because he's a beast and with the qb running its 11 on 11.

Boom. And when Cam is a threat it allows Stew to get a little breathing room on read plays, making up for our poo line.

A big reason for fall off is Cam getting killed out there, and then becoming one dimensional without the threat to run.

Oher went down, Remmers is Remmers, our ProBowl C went down and Tolbert/Dickerson block for poop. 

It may not be sexy keeping Stewy but it looks likely he is coming back. Add in a young HB in the draft. Sign a real FB and a decent TE2 that can block. I would be very happy at that point. Not seeing our QB being our #1 option would also be great.

So he is not the best HB playing the game or will not play every game. The dude blocks and runs hard. I have a problem with Fozzy and Cam A-P. They are not pulling their weight. 

People on Cam's down year: it's because of his poo offensive line

People on Stew's down year: he's washed, time to move on

Seems to be a bit of a double standard here.  And also I completely agree a big reason Cam had a down season is because his supporting cast was so bad and that includes the offensive line.  But the same logic should apply to Stew.  Our offensive line was terrible, can't expect anyone to find much success running behind it.  But also, Stew is 31 with an injury history and 1 year left on his deal.  We need a replacement soon

16 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

It isn't that he sucks it is that he stays hurt. You cannot rely on him for a full season.

The injury issues are overblown primarily due to his missing significant numbers of games during a stretch of 2 seasons or so.  Over his career, he has played in about  80% of his potential games, numbers not that different from the average for running backs.  

That being said, he needs a backup and eventual replacement.  If Cameron Artis Payne can't get it done, then we need someone else.  

3 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

The injury issues are overblown primarily due to his missing significant numbers of games during a stretch of 2 seasons or so.  Over his career, he has played in about  80% of his potential games, numbers not that different from the average for running backs.  

That being said, he needs a backup and eventual replacement.  If Cameron Artis Payne can't get it done, then we need someone else.  

Obviously CAP is not a replacement. Stewart stays hurt and that is not overblown IMHO. It is what it is though. If we rely on him to stay healthy a full season we have no one to blame but ourselves when he goes down. 

Guest Lasus83
Obviously CAP is not a replacement. Stewart stays hurt and that is not overblown IMHO. It is what it is though. If we rely on him to stay healthy a full season we have no one to blame but ourselves when he goes down. 

Dude.. all you say is "Stewart stays hurt"

Over and over through different threads you just keep blowing the same horn.

And that horn is based on how you feel about things and not actual fact.

OP says bring the heat... not some used up erroneous garbage.

Sent from my SM-G930P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived