• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whitworth back in play!!!!!!!

Toomers

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I would have no problem giving him 2/24M. Why pay 8M for a question mark when you can get top 10 LT, at least. It's not a long term commitment, and won't affect future contracts. 

2yr19 million or 20 million sure. No more than that. You are right about the fact it is not a long term commitment.

I like Whitworth, but I'm not sold.  I was big on him when names started getting bantered around, but there's 1 reason why I'm not sure, and its because of Andy Dalton.  Dalton has one of the quickest pass times in the NFL where as Cam has one of the slowest.  I'm just not 100% sure whether Whitworth is so good, or if the style of offense and Dalton's quick read and pass time make him so good.  Because of how much money he is gonna command, I'd pass.

Just to add one more thing, remember Anthony Collins looked really good for the Bengals at LT and turned out to be utter dog poo for the Buccaneers, we need to learn from that mistake.

2 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

I like Whitworth, but I'm not sold.  I was big on him when names started getting bantered around, but there's 1 reason why I'm not sure, and its because of Andy Dalton.  Dalton has one of the quickest pass times in the NFL where as Cam has one of the slowest.  I'm just not 100% sure whether Whitworth is so good, or if the style of offense and Dalton's quick read and pass time make him so good.  Because of how much money he is gonna command, I'd pass.

Just to add one more thing, remember Anthony Collins looked really good for the Bengals at LT and turned out to be utter dog poo for the Buccaneers, we need to learn from that mistake.

All that is a bit of a reach to me. He's been very good/great for years. Even before Dalton when he was underrated. And Collins looked good because Whitworth was playing LG beside him. That's why he sucked when he left.  

8 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

2yr19 million or 20 million sure. No more than that. You are right about the fact it is not a long term commitment.

There are a lot of other teams with those numbers in their head. That's why it with take more to get him. If he just wanted 9M, I think he would stay in CIN.

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

There are a lot of other teams with those numbers in their head. That's why it with take more to get him. If he just wanted 9M, I think he would stay in CIN.

True but I would not overpay for the guy because at his age one injury could sideline him for awhile and then you have a large chunk of change doing nothing and you thought he was your answer at LT. To each their own though and I understand why you listed the amount you did.

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

All that is a bit of a reach to me. He's been very good/great for years. Even before Dalton when he was underrated. And Collins looked good because Whitworth was playing LG beside him. That's why he sucked when he left.  

He was still in a similar style offense and in his worst case, he had Carson Palmer who is no slouch delivering the ball.  Palmer is slower in his reads, but in that offense he was still efficient at getting rid of the ball.

9 minutes ago, Toomers said:

sure it's his last contract, so he'll be demanding a lot, but you would think he'd also want a super bowl ring before he hangs it up. Why not take a few million less a year to play for a contender? 

5 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

sure it's his last contract, so he'll be demanding a lot, but you would think he'd also want a super bowl ring before he hangs it up. Why not take a few million less a year to play for a contender? 

Who knows? This morning, it was a done deal he would stay with CIN. 

11 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

He was still in a similar style offense and in his worst case, he had Carson Palmer who is no slouch delivering the ball.  Palmer is slower in his reads, but in that offense he was still efficient at getting rid of the ball.

He made All-Pro in 2015 in a Hue Jackson offense that throws downfield as much as anybody. 

I think he would be worth the 9-10 million per year moreso than any of the other guys on the market at this point, especially with a 2 yr deal.  Oher will retire, we recoup a bit from that,, draft a guy to learn, and go to camp.  End of story

14 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sounds like he's looking for max dollars knowing this is his last contract. Won't come from us. 

When you play for the bungals what else is there? Not like they are even close to a superb owl.

Archived