• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: 49ers Interested With Fournette At #2

Saca312

For those of you (including me) with hopes that Fournette drops to #8 with a deadly combo of him and Cam, well, some people in the 49ers office are having dreams of Fournette's doom.

According to Kevin Jones of KNBR - a radio station - he has heard that the 49ers are high on the idea of Fournette at #2.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/103981-report-49ers-considering-leonard-fournette-pick/

Jones is hearing that LSU running back Leonard Fournette is highly regarded among the 49ers front office and staff. He is so highly regarded that the team might consider making him the second overall selection in April. The fact that Fournette is so highly regarded is not a shock. The idea that the 49ers might pass over a talent like a Reuben Foster, who would address a big need on the team, to draft a running back when the team already has Carlos Hyde, would be surprising.

"One crazy rumor I did hear, though, that Leonard Fournette might be in play at number two for the 49ers," Jones said. "That he's that talented of a player. They truly may believe that he's the best player in the draft. That would be wild because you already have Carlos Hyde. It wouldn't really make sense but if you think Fournette is going to be that good, is going to be a 15-hundred yard back a year and you're not sure on other guys, I think they would receive so much criticism for that move but I hear he's not being scratched off the board at number two."

You can listen to the entire interview on KNBR.

Literally makes no sense at all in any way, shape, or form, but they like him. Hoping it's a huge smokescreen, but it's rather interesting that Shanahan has him highly regarded when they have clear pressing needs elsewhere on the roster.

Discuss.

Archived