• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TE Jake Butt Hints Towards A Team He Wants To Be Drafted By...

Saca312

So, for those of you with dreams of having a huge Butt on the Panthers, well you're not the only one having those wet dreams

There's a Butt out there that has insinuated towards the desire of 'butting' in with the Panthers recently. His primary reason appears to be his positive connection to Olsen. In fact, he is a pretty huge fan.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article136273723.html

Michigan tight end Jake Butt is extremely pro-Olsen, and has been trying to build a relationship with the veteran tight end as he readies for the next level of play. 

“I spent some time talking (to Greg) on the phone,” he said Friday during his podium session at the NFL scouting combine. “We share a financial adviser together. Obviously he’s a great player on the field, we all know that. We’ve seen it.

“For him to reach out to me, to spend time talking to me, taking time out of his busy schedule and preparing me for this process, that just speaks to the kind of guy he is. I hope to be the same player he is some day. ... But even more so, the same man.”

Butt added he hopes Olsen puts in a good word for him with Carolina.

Butt's comments are certainly something to not put in the rear end of things, as the draft season is hurling about soon. 

The one concern for him flopping like poo in the NFL lies in his recent ACL fiasco. However, it appears it won't be an issue, as he should be fine by June.

Butt had surgery on his knee on Jan. 10 – it is his second ACL repair, but on the opposite knee – and hopes to be fully cleared by June. He will ease back into football drills before that. He says the rehab process is going well, but his NFL combine experience is more about the interviews with teams and scouts. 

So, Butt appears to be someone at play, maybe a guy we can snag near the bottom. However, he shows his spirit as one not to be known just for being a bottom, but rather, one to rise the top.

“My love for the game,” he said. “I’m so passionate about this game, so passionate about winning and trying to get my name out there and help an organization reach the Super Bowl, and win one.” 

Archived