• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DG going to get cute in the draft?

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

6-10 didn't phase you at all see.

What in the world does that have to do with our current roster?

Nickle? Check

SS? Check

LT? Check

DE? Check

ST? Check

Speed WR? Check x2

the only spots left that need more attention are RB and young pass rushers to groom.

2 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

maybe the last few drafts weren't as good as this one, and now Getts is stocking up on picks.

I have to agree with this. The last few drafts have been top heavy. Lots of good talent at the top, not so much later.

Also, Gman has never traded a 1st, or 2nd rounder. After those 2 rounds, maybe the 3rd, you are just hoping to find guys that can make your team. So moving those picks around really is not a big deal.

We have 3 picks in the 1st 2 rounds. No way those picks go anywhere. After that, let Gman have some fun.

We very well can get 3 really talented kids in the 1st 2 rounds. And none of them will be starters. Let that sink in. No way Gman gives that up.

I expect the team to target Wr, RB, De, S and RT in the draft. Probably can expect a double dip at one of those spots, one of the WR or RB would be in line for return dutt based on roster right now as well. So I'd not be surprised if they traded back up into the first if a nice target is present. I think they are going all in on a superbowl run right now. 

3 hours ago, Norway said:

Said this in another post earlier today;

I don't like how Gettleman has made a new normal of trading up to grab a player. The cost is to high, especially in such a deep draft class as this one. We traded up for Williams, Benwikere and Funchess, and so far these trades has not been very successful. We also traded for Worley who showed some promise last season, but too early to tell. Gettleman has now orchestrated four drafts for...

...agree.... doesn't seem like the return is there...

5 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

I expect the team to target Wr, RB, De, S and RT in the draft. Probably can expect a double dip at one of those spots, one of the WR or RB would be in line for return dutt based on roster right now as well. So I'd not be surprised if they traded back up into the first if a nice target is present. I think they are going all in on a superbowl run right now. 

I also wouldn't be shocked with the Kicker from Arizona State (Gonzalez I believe) in the 5th or 6th if he's still there.  While many are down on Gano, he's still a decent kicker.  But, he is not elite and can be upgraded.  And this guy seems to be a much better prospect than the guy Tampa Bay traded into the second to get last year.

Archived