• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bill Voth: At Least One Team Looking To Trade For Tre Boston

bobsfoodbasics

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

That said, we do seem to quickly forget things like the fact that he was lauded in the preseason for his play. He was talked about as one of the camp MVPs. I don't know what happened or if we aren't very good at our camp MVPs (Funchess was another lauded in preseason) or if we just played so poorly we regressed in season

it's more likely that people remember all the training camp heros that never lived up to the hype..   

get some picks back for all the players that have just walked out and onto other teams...

Yeah, I'd rather just keep Boston than trade him for a late round throw away pick. Now if someone wants to give us something of actual value? Yeah, I'd take it. I'd put my cutoff at probably a 5th rounder. Like Remmers, I don't want Boston starting and he's a favorite whipping boy of a lot of fans but while he's not a good starter he is a decent backup. A decent backup is pretty important when your starting safety is going to be 36.

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

He is like Ealy. He has potential, but he made way too many mistakes last year.

That said, we do seem to quickly forget things like the fact that he was lauded in the preseason for his play. He was talked about as one of the camp MVPs. I don't know what happened or if we aren't very good at our camp MVPs (Funchess was another lauded in preseason) or if we just played so poorly we regressed in season.

Personally, I think the draft is so deep at safety, many of whom are just more talented than Boston, i.e. even if Boston reaches his potential, they have more. I'd be happy to trade him for draft considerations, but if it is like the Rams/Miami/Hayes deal of swapping our 7th with someone else's 6th, then no thanks. That isn't enough in case we don't end up with a safety in the draft. You never know how the draft falls and we can't go into this season without someone like Boston as a backup.

Last year for sure was the inconsistent play by he CBs  that stressed the entire defense.  I agree we need to draft a safety but I believe there is better value in the Mid rounds with experience gained by Worley & Bradberrry this will allow play more man and leave a safety to roam more free.

Interesting idea, but it would have to really benefit us.  Boston has all the physical tools, and he might be on the verge of turning the corner.  At Gettleman said, he doesn't believe in developing players for someone else.  Tre is still on his rookie contract, and this might be the point the light comes on and he plays lights out.  You can't keep everyone, but I don't think he'd like to give up on Tre.  

Ealy showed what he was - inconsistent and maybe kind of lazy.

Tre Boston isn't nearly as some of you make him out to be, but there needs to be someone to put all the blame on.   Well probably some of you would find a way to blame Shula for Boston as well so there is that.....

Archived