• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Leonard Fournette asked if he could fall to the Carolina Panthers

CPF4LIFE

12 minutes ago, Nails said:

True, but Fournette is extra special, at a sexy position, and it's Cam/the Panthers we're talking about. We're still weeks away from finding out what happens, but it's a nightmare scenario there-no shame in admitting that.

For sure. I'd be bummed to see him go to any rival. But, I think Carolina would be good for him, because a Cam-Fournette pairing would be huge. It would suck, but I'd cheer for him 16 games a year.

7 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

For sure. I'd be bummed to see him go to any rival. But, I think Carolina would be good for him, because a Cam-Fournette pairing would be huge. It would suck, but I'd cheer for him 16 games a year.

I've never fallen more out of love and in love with a player in one month.

Fournette has been one of those. Right now, I have him as the third best available player for the Panthers, behind Garrett and Allen. 

2 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Fournette has been one of those. Right now, I have him as the third best available player for the Panthers, behind Garrett and Allen. 

All I would have him behind on a board would be Garrett and that's simply because pass rushers are more valuable than RBs in todays NFL. From a talent standpoint, I think he's the best player in the draft. He's going to be special. 

32 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

allen ?hell no 

37 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Already forget about Jamal Adams? You've been all over the place on him depending on whose analysis you just read. ;)

Unless you're talking about Cam Newton or Luke Kuechly, the Panthers don't have a player in their roster to trade up to the top of the draft.
So I don't know what players you're talking about unless you're willing to trade Newton or Kuechly.  Because, in the real NFL world and not Madden, teams don't trade away top picks in the 1st round for your bench players.

KK

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 hour ago, saints4lifeagain said:

I don't know that mad would be the word. I will never be mad about a hometown kid succeeding. You have to understand, I've watched him since St. Aug. He's more than just a football player to me. I want him to succeed as a person. Same with all of the local and state guys. TM7, OBJ, Turner, L. Collins, Peterson, Mo, DBo, J. Collins. These are kids I've watched ball locally. I want them to do well.

I bet Peterson was a one man army in HS.

3 hours ago, Nails said:

I don't know if mad is the word, crushed is probably better.  They hate Cam and the Panthers as much as liberals hate Trump and his supporters.  For maybe the best their state has ever produced to join Cam as his VP as they run roughshod over them and the other 30 enroute to multiple rings over the next 5-10 years is their definition of torture.

Hate to rain on your parade, but no RB in the world will help us win a ring,  it's not curently a need and we will suffer as a team if we take one at 8

Although we may have a QB with an arm cannon we are still a BALL CONTROL offense at heart, always have been and will be (with JR). 

Those that want to hoard picks and pick a player in each round, we are in WIN NOW mode! Catch up with it! Yes we are looking for that player or two(not 7) to push the team over the top.

We don't need a bunch of rookies this year. Only the ones who can line up day one and help us go back to the SuperBowl. That's the point. 

If Fournette or Ross can help us THIS year, great, pull the trigger. If Garrett or Fournette want to come here trade up, we don't need so many rookies, especially some who may not make the cut. Again, we don't need picks. We need sure firepower. Let Cleveland, San Fran and Jax load up on picks

41 minutes ago, Lasus83. said:

KK

So you think a team would want to trade with us so we could trade up to the top or near the top pick for a guy who is only under contract for one more year?  And then will have to be re-signed for likely around $15M per year on a longer term contract?

You think a team would rather have that than the top (or near the top) pick under a team friendly rookie contract for 5 years?

Dude.

So you think a team would want to trade with us so we could trade up to the top or near the top pick for a guy who is only under contract for one more year?  And then will have to be re-signed for likely around $15M per year on a longer term contract?
You think a team would rather have that than the top (or near the top) pick under a team friendly rookie contract for 5 years?
Dude.

Probowler vs. Prospect
Dude.

Although we may have a QB with an arm cannon we are still a BALL CONTROL offense at heart, always have been and will be (with JR). 
Those that want to hoard picks and pick a player in each round, we are in WIN NOW mode! Catch up with it! Yes we are looking for that player or two(not 7) to push the team over the top.
We don't need a bunch of rookies this year. Only the ones who can line up day one and help us go back to the SuperBowl. That's the point. 
If Fournette or Ross can help us THIS year, great, pull the trigger. If Garrett or Fournette want to come here trade up, we don't need so many rookies, especially some who may not make the cut. Again, we don't need picks. We need sure firepower. Let Cleveland, San Fran and Jax load up on picks

Preach

-Choir

Archived