• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Christian McCaffrey thread to end all Christian McCaffrey threads

therealmjl

If we draft Christian McCaffrey at #8, you will be:  

89 members have voted

1. 1. If we draft Christian McCaffrey at #8, you will be:

• Happy, excited, filled with joy...LETS GO SUPER BOWL
    • Sad, mad, I HATE YOU GETTLEDOUCHE
    • I'm spineless and can be pursuaded to join either Huddle extreme
    • Ban OP...what an idiot

He will not succeed if we draft him. Shula is old school and has no idea how to utilize a player with his skill set properly. We have an issue created by the design of the offense which results in the lack of space for skill players to operate in; with this, you take away McCaffrey's best asset, his ability to make guys miss. 

I don't think that the draft swings on one player good or bad. I am more interested in seeing who else we take as well. I want the first pick to be offense which signals Gettleman's intent to give Shula and Cam the tools they need. Since Gettleman came here we have drafted offense 4 times in the first 3 rounds and 12 on defense. And two of those four were for Funchess and Trai Turner in 2014 and I included the third rounder we gave to Chicago for Olsen. The other guy was Amini. So one trade,  two guards and a wide receiver.  Hardly a commitment to the offense.

21 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Would prefer to trade back a bit then select him if Adams is gone....but if we pull the trigger I'm not going to be upset either.

He could very well be special...I see him as a Marshall Faulk type player.

I see him as either a better Wes Welker or Percy Harvin (without the attitude and drug issues).

24 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I see him as either a better Wes Welker or Percy Harvin (without the attitude and drug issues).

Won't argue.

I just think that he is a better runner than people are giving him credit for.

Closest comparison that's still in the game....is Shady McCoy, but with better routes and hands.

Archived