• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RB Samaje Perine - The Next "Le'Veon Bell" Transformation And Breakout?

Saca312

I'd rather have UNC's Elijah Hood in the 5th than either Foreman or Perine in the 2nd or 3rd. I think he has better NFL potential than either of those two.

Honestly, that's my backup plan. If Fournette is gone at #8, just wait and steal Hood in the 5th and address other needs early. This is assuming we aren't doing a huge switcheroo and going with McCaffrey.

in the case of draft prospect Semaje Perine a transformation into a Maurice Jones Drew esque type of player makes sense as they both share in common a short but powerful compact frame. however the kid will first need  to lose weight in order to regain a substantial amount of speed,and most importantly become a recieving threat out of the backfield.if and when this aforementioned transformation happens... you have a uncovered a diamond in the rough,my friends

the jump between college football and the NFL is a substantial one in terms of speed and talent.Semaje ran a 4.65 at  NFL combine.so,i would think it would be safe to say that the kid will still be avliable in the latter part of the third round,and possibly the fourth.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Jesus Christ. Did I just see Samaje Perine compared to MJD? A 230+ pound pure power runner who barely broke 4.7 in his 40 compared to a 5'8" 200 pound scatback and receiver out of the backfield who ran a sub 4.4?

Seriously, quite possibly the worst comparison ever.

i said the only thing they had in common was frame

but if Semaje could not that he would become a threat out of the backfield as a recieving option ,and lose a substanial amount of weight in order to regain speed that he would resemble MDJ...i know thats alot a if...lol

16 minutes ago, SOJA said:

I'm calling it now that we draft both McAffrey and this guy and the Huddle loses its poo 

I wouldn't be opposed to it... if Perine slipped to the 5th round or later. Which I honestly don't think is completely out of the question. This is a deep RB class and the guy is pretty limited.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wouldn't be opposed to it... if Perine slipped to the 5th round or later. Which I honestly don't think is completely out of the question. This is a deep RB class and the guy is pretty limited.

I think he's available by our third comp,  and I wouldn't be opposed. I don't want him too high either, since his projection is based on his weight management.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd rather have UNC's Elijah Hood in the 5th than either Foreman or Perine in the 2nd or 3rd. I think he has better NFL potential than either of those two.

Honestly, that's my backup plan. If Fournette is gone at #8, just wait and steal Hood in the 5th and address other needs early. This is assuming we aren't doing a huge switcheroo and going with McCaffrey.

I think Perine is slightly better than Hood, and Perine ran behind worse O-Lines for the majority of his career (besides mid-late this year).  But, at this point we're cherry picking.  Neither Hood, nor Perine will be franchise guys.  

Archived