• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another rumor: 49ers May Go Watson 2nd Overall.

Saca312

An interesting development. Considering the Browns might - though probably not - go for Tribusky, imagine trading up to 3 to get Myles Garrett.

Unlikely, but just saying it could be possible.

Take a look:

Tweet Norris is referring to:

Likely just smoke and mirrors this close to draft day, but you never know.

I haven't understood the idea of Garrett being far and away the consensus 100% number 1 pick and the idea that anyone over him would be stupid. He's probably the top player for most but I can understand having Thomas, Fournette, or even a QB over him. I wouldn't agree although I think Thomas is close and in some ways I'd rather have him as a Panther than Garrett and I think Fournette is closer than people think, but I can understand having others over Garrett. Whichever way it goes I think one of our top tier 1 guys will be there at 8. QBs will go ahead of us and Allen, Lattimore, Hooker may all go ahead of us too. That leaves Thomas, Adams or Fournette there for us.

Just now, thomas96 said:

I haven't understood the idea of Garrett being far and away the consensus 100% number 1 pick and the idea that anyone over him would be stupid. He's probably the top player for most but I can understand having Thomas, Fournette, or even a QB over him. I wouldn't agree although I think Thomas is close and in some ways I'd rather have him as a Panther than Garrett and I think Fournette is closer than people think, but I can understand having others over Garrett. Whichever way it goes I think one of our top tier 1 guys will be there at 8. QBs will go ahead of us and Allen, Lattimore, Hooker may all go ahead of us too. That leaves Thomas, Allen or Fournette there for us.

IMG_1106.JPG

2 minutes ago, Nails said:

IMG_1106.JPG

I love Barnett. One of my top players in the draft. But Garrett's physical attributes that Barnett can never get should absolutely factor in. For the Panthers I kind of like both Thomas and Barnett over Garrett though. Unless all three were sitting at 8, I would much rather take Barnett if we go end there than to try to trade up for Garrett even if he fell to 3. 

2 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Not this SEC bullpoo.

It's been debunked. More NFL studs have came from the ACC, PAC-10, and BIG 10 than the SEC. Garrett remains a stud. Who the fug did Watt sack anyways? Oh that's right... average guys not playing football now.

I would like to see this information that "debunked" the theory that the SEC has put the most players in the NFL. And what is a "stud" player by definition? Going to need that for clarity.

2 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Not this SEC bullpoo.

It's been debunked. More NFL studs have came from the ACC, PAC-10, and BIG 10 than the SEC. Garrett remains a stud. Who the fug did Watt sack anyways? Oh that's right... average guys not playing football now.

Oh, so now we're resorting to the term "stud." 

Bottom line: The SEC produces more pros than any other conference. 

Deal with it, internalize it, and accept it. Or, continue to hate, but it won't change perception or reality.

17 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Not this SEC bullpoo.

Yep, I knew we should have taken Gabbert or Locker over Cam.

Unreal.

18 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Quality over quantity.

I could care less. A poo ton of these SEC prospects have washed out the NFL before year three. It's all inflated garbage... but hey, if y'all wanna praise JAGs then you guys go ahead.

With "facts" like that to back up your statement, how could anyone question you. Impressive research.

10 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Yeah, fug Kuechly, Watt, E. Thomas, Olsen, R. Wilson, Short, A. Donald, Kelce, A. Rodgers, A. Peterson, Brady, Mack, Kalil, L. David, Luck, G. McCoy, Gronk, L. Fitzgerald, Rivers, etc etc etc

Yep, unreal.

So your basis is using 4 other conferences combined(5 since you have the Big East in there) and comparing them to one. And them having more means the SEC isn't better because of that. Do I get to make a list going back to 1999 since you have Brady on there? This is comical.

Archived