• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Praying for the best or hoping for the worst

Mr. Scot

Browns

Bucs

Skins

Lions (IDC that they have a win they wouldn't have beaten ATL, PHI, or DAL)

Raiders

Chiefs

I still think there are teams out there that we can beat...just not on our schedule which is ultimately what matters.

I gotta add the Rams and maybe the Seahawks and Dolphins to that list. :yesnod:

Good question Mr. Scott and it is a tough one. But IMO for the long-term success I think it is a necessary imperative that we get a new coaching staff. I just don't the team is responding to his message and schemes anymore. He was a great choice when we brought him in but I think it is just one of those cases were there only so many times a team can hear the same speeches before they start to lose effectiveness. So if that means we must lose 10 games (very likely) then so be it.

my point exactly..id rather sacrifice one season if thats what it takes to salvage future ones

This is my feelings based on only 3 games into the season.

6 or fewer wins and coaching/GM changes need to be made and based on history Jerry Richardson would probably feel the same way.

7-9 wins and its a toss up. As just a fan, I don't think I or any other fan would have the knowledge or expertise to make that call. At this point, whatever decission that Jerry Richardson would make I would support and trust his decission making.

10-13 wins and I would be pissed if Jerry Richardson fired Fox. I thought it was a bad decission to fire Marty in SD after a 14-2 season and I still feel that way. As everyone has stated, Fox is/was a good coach and in my opinion you don't fire a coach that wins 10 or more games.

With that said, I have to take issue with something that many posters have stated in this thread concerning the talent level of this team. Coaching is not the sole reason behind the 3 loses. This team just has not looked good the first three games and I'm not talking about schemes and playcalling. Some of that goes on the GM, some can be attributed to a new defensive scheme but some has to be placed on the players.

This is hard for me to say but based on the first three games of the season, if a coaching / GM change were to happen at the end of the season there are only about 7 to 8 of the current starters I would say should come back next season based on on-the-field production ( I understand salary cap and contracts would play a part in this no matter what). And some of the players that probably need to go are some of the most popular players ever in Panther's history i.e. Moose, Smitty, Peppers and Delhomme.

I love Smitty but it isn't fair to call out Fox on "blind loyalty" and not call it out on Smitty just because we love the guy. His abilities have diminished and it's probably time for him to go.

If a new coaching / GM staff does come about next season there needs to be more changes made past them. Build this team around the o-line (minus Vincient) and the young running backs on offense and on defense build everything around Davis and Beason. Everyone else is expendable in my opinion.

moose is definetly past his prime... i havent cared for peppers the last few years.it would be nice to upgrade delhomme, just dont see how right now, smitty hasnt lost it...his supporting cast has lost it. And for as Fox...i have wanted him gone after i realized henning wasnt the issue.

moose is definetly past his prime... i havent cared for peppers the last few years.it would be nice to upgrade delhomme, just dont see how right now, smitty hasnt lost it...his supporting cast has lost it. And for as Fox...i have wanted him gone after i realized henning wasnt the issue.

I didn't say that he had lost it, I said his abilities have begun to deminish and IMO there is no debating that. Yes, he still has that fire and all but what he was once able to do he just can't anymore. As for players like Smitty and Peppers, you don't just cut them but now is the time that you trade them and try to get something in return.

IMO, Smitty and Fox are in the same position right now. They have both showed us greatness in the past and are still good now but it doesn't appear that things will improve moving forward and that, by what many have said of Fox, when the time to let go.

Speaking of which, wonder if the Panther could get anything out of Fox in a trade situation? If he does end up going 7-9, Richardson could look at it as if a team wants him as their head coach pay up for him or we'll keep him another year. Doubt it would happen but Fox is respected in this league and some team might be willing to trade for him.

Archived