• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor: Bengals And Panthers Competing For #2 Overall Pick. Panthers Have Current Lead & Offer.

Saca312

8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

First, it is "make sense" not "make since." Since you've used it multiple times and in multiple posts I figured you might enjoy learning something new today.

Second, Tennessee and San Diego make no sense at all for Fournette. New York is possible but they clearly want to move down and a RB is low on their priority scale since they have Forte and Powell and need a CB and QB way more.

I'd venture to say that if Jacksonville passes then it's a very good chance that Fournette is there at 8.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

you misspelled cents, breaux.

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

First, it is "make sense" not "make since." Since you've used it multiple times and in multiple posts I figured you might enjoy learning something new today.

Second, Tennessee and San Diego make no sense at all for Fournette. New York is possible but they clearly want to move down and a RB is low on their priority scale since they have Forte and Powell and need a CB and QB way more.

I'd venture to say that if Jacksonville passes then it's a very good chance that Fournette is there at 8.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I agree and add to that if Trubisky goes 2 now Jax has yet another talent to think about.  Not sure Jax will go RB there.

25 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Who does ur source say we are looking at?

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

First and foremost - he's not a direct Panthers source, but rather an industry source (former National writer but deals now mostly with one specific team).

With that said, the vibe I got from him was that there are a lot of variables in play and that the Panthers aren't really tied to one player in particular. Lots of different options in play (much like @Jeremy Igo has been saying). I asked him of the McCaffery hype is real and he has heard there is indeed a buzz, has been since the combine.

FWIW, he likes 4 other RB before Fournette  (Mixon, Cook, McCaffery, Mack, Fournette). Basically says Fournette can run people over, but he values more agile backs. 

3 hours ago, SOJA said:

Yea because we've had so many rejects in the first three rounds that have washed out in their first four years under Gettleman...

also Fournette is not a blue chip star. He has injury issues, there are doubts of whether he is athletic enough, can catch out of the backfield well enough, not to mention the whole issue with tacking a RB in the top ten much less top two

I'm not saying Fournette won't be good but to act like he's a sure fire Pro-Bowler is silly

All the issues you just brought up Gettleman addressed in his pc

Archived