• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting Dalvin Cook read

yasuhara2241

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/25/nfl-draft-dalvin-cook-red-flags-character-concerns-scouts-florida-state-miami-dade

Honestly from all the "sources" I kind have written him off. This is a very interesting read. I really don't expect the Panthers to be in play for the guy but I just wanted to throw this out there in case anybody hadn't seen it yet. That being said if we can't get Fournette, get OJ in the 1st and trade up a little and get Cook? Not sure how I feel about that.

Whoever gets Cook is going to get a steal because he will fall come draft time. Dude has that extra gear and ELITE acceleration. Reminds me a lot of Devonte Freeman. Too bad about his character concerns, because I would have LOVED to nab him with our #8 pick if Fournette didn't make it to us. I guess we still could, but highly unlikely.

He's very talented and before the character concerns arose he was considered by some better than Fournette. 2 different styles 2 great talents. I always gave the nod to Fournette but before the character concerns I wouldn't have been mad if we took him. 

If the front office clears him and they want him I'll be glad we got him. If he ends up great somewhere but we didn't feel good about his concerns I won't blame them for passing.

40 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

What a load of crap. 

"He turned a corner". Cool. Don't care.

What makes it a load of crap? People can't escape their past? Yeah if you grew up in a bad situation and made bad choices does that make you immune to improving. I guarantee that if the world scrutinized every move each of us made, we could be made out to be bad seeds as well. 

I would argue the point that the guy who lost it all and was used to illustrate the point in high school must not have made as big an impression as he thought because he got in trouble with police 3x in college. Granted a jury found him not guilty of hitting that woman so I can see past that. But the lesson didn't seemed to have been learned then as they claim. 

I just read this article!  I then found the profile and some highlights of his HS teammate, Joe Yearby since they were both so highly recruited.  Joe might be an interesting UDFA pick up.  I made a post in the draft section since it's a very niche kind of post.

As far as the article and Cook, I love these things.  Getting some insight into these young men and what makes them tick.  But here's my main character concern about Cook: he got all the lessons and sermonizing from HS and College coaches, YET he was still putting himself into several BAD situations.  The animal thing really gets me.  And we don't have a shortage of dudes hitting girls in this draft or the NFL...

On the field, he's fumbled too much.  He does have that great, explosive first step, but he's not the athlete you really want.  Good football player?  Probably, but his character and lack of athleticism (generally) is going to knock him down.  He could end up being one of those 2nd round guys who comes out and had a great career (so long as he really has turned the personal corner) making all the "re-drafts" pick him much earlier.

Or in the article, the Eagles wondered if he would make it to their 14th pick.  Could be that we really know jack and squat about how NFL decision makers actually make those decisions.  There was a great article on NFL.com about that too.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802432/article/information-wars-how-teams-get-the-real-draft-intel

Archived