• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2017 Post-Draft UDFA Thread

bobsfoodbasics

3 minutes ago, Biggdaddi1022 said:

So safety yet , honestly do we need one?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I believe people are underestimating Dean Marlowe. Kid made the roster as an rookie and got hurt last season so we didn't get to see him any. Also I'm wondering if our front office believes in Tre Boston more than the people here. I believe he actually put up decent PFF numbers( could be wrong) and he must not be too bad if the rumors were true that Buffalo wanted to trade for him.

I'm honestly more worried about TE than S. I wonder if our staff believe in the TEs we already have.

Players who are expected to be part of the Carolina Panthers’ rookie camp this week, either as undrafted free agent signees or tryout players:

Ben Boulware, LB, Clemson

Fred Ross, WR, Mississippi State

Bryan Cox Jr., DL, Florida

Cole Luke, CB, Notre Dame

*Danny Dillon, LS, Cardinals/Campbell

*Drew Iddings, DT, Raiders/South Dakota

Robert Barber, DT, Washington State

Austin Stephens, C, Utah State

* – indicates tryout player

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/nfl-blog/article147666424.html#storylink=cpy

4 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Players who are expected to be part of the Carolina Panthers’ rookie camp this week, either as undrafted free agent signees or tryout players:

Ben Boulware, LB, Clemson

Fred Ross, WR, Mississippi State

Bryan Cox Jr., DL, Florida

Cole Luke, CB, Notre Dame

*Danny Dillon, LS, Cardinals/Campbell

*Drew Iddings, DT, Raiders/South Dakota

Robert Barber, DT, Washington State

Austin Stephens, C, Utah State

* – indicates tryout player

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/nfl-blog/article147666424.html#storylink=cpy

So that's 6 + the 7 draft picks. Puts us at 93 with a limit of 90. Do draft picks count against the 90 immediately or not until signed?

Just watched the video of Dave & Ron's post-draft presser since I couldn't stream it live.  Interesting to note what they said about how hard it is to find LBs who want to come to this team given how stacked we are. 

They sounded VERY relieved Boulware accepted the offer.(and puzzled as to why he wasn't drafted).  We probably still have an opening for a LB on ST, especially if Mayo takes on more the Klein role as primary backup..., so Boulware could make it if he works hard and shows something.  Heck, even being on PS and getting to learn from Luke & TD, great opportunity.

10 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Just watched the video of Dave & Ron's post-draft presser since I couldn't stream it live.  Interesting to note what they said about how hard it is to find LBs who want to come to this team given how stacked we are. 

They sounded VERY relieved Boulware accepted the offer.(and puzzled as to why he wasn't drafted).  We probably still have an opening for a LB on ST, especially if Mayo takes on more the Klein role as primary backup..., so Boulware could make it if he works hard and shows something.  Heck, even being on PS and getting to learn from Luke & TD, great opportunity.

ben Jacobs and jared Norris spot could be boulwares next season

Archived