• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Look At Our Offense, How Could You Not Be Excited*

SetfreexX

55 minutes ago, beastson said:

Coming off a losing season brings less excitement than coming off a winning one

I'm referring to the people that were the exact same way last offseason.. And the one before.. And the one before.. There's a pattern

48 minutes ago, csx said:

I'm much more excited about this upcoming season than last. Nothing looked good going in to last season. No reason to think the team would be better overall. 

Only a pessimist would downplay at the potential for improvement this year.

Exactly

54 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Honestly I think this is the best offensive squad we've ever had on paper. My first inclination was to go with 08 or one of the other Smitty years because Smitty is such a scales tipper, but then I realized that Cam is actually the balance to Smitty. We don't have any WR or RB superstars like Smitty, but Cam himself is a superstar on par with Smitty...and at a more important position to boot. Having Greg outweighs Moose, and the sum of Stewart, Run CMC, KB and Samuel outweighs the sum of Double Trouble or any other mentionable sum of offensive skill players. The only X factor in this is the OL.  If Kalil can play well then this year's offense is a lock, imo.  08 we had a pretty nasty OL, but if 17 can be even close to it (and we do have a nasty interior line right now) then the whole of the offense I would say is the best it's ever been right now.  

It's crazy to say, but we may field one of our most complete and best defenses to boot.

This year could be really special.

I'm all for optimism, but all those weapons mean squat if our line can't stay healthy. The line is the biggest question mark heading into the season. 

If we can go through the season without the two Kalil's, Turner, and Norwell missing more than a game or two, this is a playoff and super bowl contender. 

If Older Kalil's age is catching up with him and we get bad younger Kalil, we are going to waste a season in the careers of those great weapons again. 

Dudes want back to back winning seasons, and are disgruntled with THREE CONSECUTIVE NFC SOUTH TITLES.  I don't care if it went 12-4/7-8-1/15-1 it's still three straight division championships. 
Then to those saying I hope Benjamin lives up to it...what the hell is ''it''...the kid had 1K yards in his rookie season, behind Olsen that year who had his first 1K yard year. Then he tore his ACL sat out a year, and finished just shy of 1K yards AGAIN! I mean seriously, if the OL is just below avg last year he eclipses, 1K after an ACL tear. 
But some of ya'll say ''if'' he lives up to expectations in a run heavy offense that also features the TE predominantly. It's a sad a** day. Funchess has been the 4th option TWO YEARS IN ROW, I mean what kind of numbers do you expect from the 4th option....?? 400-500 yards and a few TDs....he's done that each season behind the top three guys, first it was Olsen/Ginn/Cotchery/Funchess and then it was Olsen/KB/Ginn/Funchess. I mean there's only so much production that he can muster 4th in the pecking order...

Can I get a hell yeah?!?!

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

8 hours ago, MadHatter said:

First, the OP's comment was about how excited he was about our offense.  Yet your dumb ass had to make a worthless post about a position on our defense.

Second, our SS is a Pro Bowler...who is better than who we had during our SB run

Amen, as much as this is a forum to discuss Panther football these ALWAYS pessimistic AH need to be banned.  They derail more topics than necessary.

We improved our offense, Improved our Defense and definitely improved our special teams.

Gonna make a bold prediction right now.  We are going to go into New England and steal a win.  Watch and See.

Archived