• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Celebration rule changes

I want to see AB or someone else bust out a full Cheerleader routine complete with chest waggling, ass shaking, hair tossing, the works, just so I can sit back and watch the shitstorm the media will create about gender equality or whatever when it's flagged. 

Then again I love watching Goodell sweat.

Still miss the old NFL from like 2002-2008 when smitty, TO, and ocho cinco would try and out do each other every Sunday afternoon. Good times. The HOF jacket, the sharpie, the joe horn cell phone. smitty pretending the football was a baby. Great times were had watching NFL primetime.

1 minute ago, luke nukem said:

Still miss the old NFL from like 2002-2008 when smitty, TO, and ocho cinco would try and out do each other every Sunday afternoon. Good times. The HOF jacket, the sharpie, the joe horn cell phone. smitty pretending the football was a baby. Great times were had watching NFL primetime.

This. Most of the celebrations were just good, clean fun and added entertainment to the game.

Rog makes it official:   (The Benjamin/Funchess dance from last season was specifically cited as something that would not be penalized).

Today, we are excited to tell you about another change that comes after conversations with more than 80 current and former players: we are relaxing our rules on celebrations to allow players more room to have fun after they make big plays. 

We know that you love the spontaneous displays of emotion that come after a spectacular touchdown. And players have told us they want more freedom to be able to express themselves and celebrate their athletic achievements. 

In my conversations with NFL players, it was also clear how much our players care about sportsmanship, clean competition, and setting good examples for young athletes. That is why offensive demonstrations, celebrations that are prolonged and delay the game, and those directed at an opponent, will still be penalized.

Archived