• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ted Ginn Jr.

2 hours ago, LaChance87 said:

Pressure up front, and safeties. We play a lot of zone. This is assuming Ginn even lines up on that side, it'll probably be Michael Thomas.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

ignore him.. he's just an idiot that shows up at random times to bash Bradberry or butler or one of Gettleman's other picks

13 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Ginn will still torch Bradberry. Brees can throw to Ginn at least 2 plays every series and while he will burn Bradberry both times, he will at least catch 1 of the balls for a big play or a score. Bradberry does not stand a chance. Here is to hoping Captain and Elder are the starting CBs sooner rather than later.

You are a fuging idiot. Bradberry was rated as the best rookie corner overall last year by PFF. Ginn can certainly blow past anyone due to speed, he made Revis look silly a couple of times, but if you honestly think Captain Munnerlyn is a better corner than Bradberry, let alone Corn Elder who has never even played a game, you need to check yourself into a mental institution.

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

If only. Don't waste your time. Gettleman did his mom once and he had to clean the sheets. Needless to say, he's still bitter.

The sad part is that when he makes football posts, he's OK.

But he can't stop being insane amateur GM long enough to realize it.

1 hour ago, Thanatos said:

You are a fuging idiot. Bradberry was rated as the best rookie corner overall last year by PFF. Ginn can certainly blow past anyone due to speed, he made Revis look silly a couple of times, but if you honestly think Captain Munnerlyn is a better corner than Bradberry, let alone Corn Elder who has never even played a game, you need to check yourself into a mental institution.

You're correct.. He is an idiot 

17 hours ago, theDIRTYcode2 said:

I hate the Saints more than any of you people, it's not even close, but Cam is nowhere near the QB Drew Brees is. He's the only QB in the division that's a gaurantee first ballot HOFer. To think Ginn is gonna be worse is wishful thinking at best.

And fug you guys for making defend a fugging Saint. 

I don't think you understand that a player can be a great future HoF but lack in certain areas of the game still. Brees doesn't have an exceptional deep ball like Cam does. Brees' overall passing game is better than Cam's for sure but not even close on deep ball. Very few in the league are close to Cam. Brady is one of the best in the league at what he does, yet Ginn would do nothing with him since Brady can't throw the ball further than 15 yards. Brees isn't quite Brady bad on the deep ball, but he's not great at it. Worst in the division. His skill set doesn't line up amazingly with Ginn's. Brees won't be able to hit Ginn at 5 yards out and have it end up a 15 yard gain like with Cooks. I still don't really get the signing, since he doesn't really do much of what Cooks does at all. Cooks can stretch the field too but that is absolutely not his biggest strength. His strengths fit with the Pats and Brady, making bigger yards out of shorter receptions. Ginn isn't replacing him but ultimately won't offer a whole lot to Brees and that offense aside from the occasional home run, with a lot of drops.

1 hour ago, thomas96 said:

I don't think you understand that a player can be a great future HoF but lack in certain areas of the game still. Brees doesn't have an exceptional deep ball like Cam does. Brees' overall passing game is better than Cam's for sure but not even close on deep ball. Very few in the league are close to Cam. Brady is one of the best in the league at what he does, yet Ginn would do nothing with him since Brady can't throw the ball further than 15 yards. Brees isn't quite Brady bad on the deep ball, but he's not great at it. Worst in the division. His skill set doesn't line up amazingly with Ginn's. Brees won't be able to hit Ginn at 5 yards out and have it end up a 15 yard gain like with Cooks. I still don't really get the signing, since he doesn't really do much of what Cooks does at all. Cooks can stretch the field too but that is absolutely not his biggest strength. His strengths fit with the Pats and Brady, making bigger yards out of shorter receptions. Ginn isn't replacing him but ultimately won't offer a whole lot to Brees and that offense aside from the occasional home run, with a lot of drops.

I'm going to have to politely disagree on 2 points here. The first is that Drew can't throw a good deep ball. He's one of the most accurate passers in football when throwing deep, especially "GO" routes. I'm not implying that Drew has anywhere near Cams arm strength. That would be foolish. But Drew can still push the ball deep, and this offense requires somebody stretching the field.

The second is that Cooks gives you a lot of taking short passes and making more yards. Frankly, he's terrible in that area. He's honestly the least physical football player I've ever watched. He gives you YAC if he's behind the defense. That's it. He gave you nothing on screens and was even removed from PR because he struggled getting yards. He's terrible with the ball in his hands.

2 hours ago, saints4lifeagain said:

I'm going to have to politely disagree on 2 points here. The first is that Drew can't throw a good deep ball. He's one of the most accurate passers in football when throwing deep, especially "GO" routes. I'm not implying that Drew has anywhere near Cams arm strength. That would be foolish. But Drew can still push the ball deep, and this offense requires somebody stretching the field.

The second is that Cooks gives you a lot of taking short passes and making more yards. Frankly, he's terrible in that area. He's honestly the least physical football player I've ever watched. He gives you YAC if he's behind the defense. That's it. He gave you nothing on screens and was even removed from PR because he struggled getting yards. He's terrible with the ball in his hands.

Fair points, not sure on Cooks as I haven't watched him other than when we play him.  Drew is a great QB as much as I hate to say it, but the reason most of us here question him is solely on his age.

No one beats Father Time.  Drew will hook up with Ginn a few times sure, but every single time that ball is hanging in the air headed in TG's direction will be a butthole tightening experience.  Trust me on this.

3 hours ago, saints4lifeagain said:

Cooks is really overrated.

3 hours ago, saints4lifeagain said:

If you think Cooks is the least physical football player you've seen, you're in for a treat with Ginn.  Dude can't find the sidelines fast enough.

Archived