• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Injury Bug strikes Saints- LT Armstead torn labrum

8 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Injuries are the one thing I absolutely hate about sports.  They have far too much impact on games.  

Get well soon big fella.

exactly, as much as you may hate the other team, you always want a level playing field on both sides so nobody has excuses

You can get a labral tear in your shoulder or your hip.  The labrum is a fibrous rim of the socket that the ball fits into in a ball and socket joint, like the hip or shoulder.  Anyone know which was torn? Just curious as the timeframe for recovery has already been stated.

3 hours ago, captfluoro said:

You can get a labral tear in your shoulder or your hip.  The labrum is a fibrous rim of the socket that the ball fits into in a ball and socket joint, like the hip or shoulder.  Anyone know which was torn? Just curious as the timeframe for recovery has already been stated.

don't know if this helps but

So how does a football player suffer a significant shoulder injury during non-contact* workouts? By contact with an inanimate object.

Saints tackle Zach Strief told SiriusXM NFL Radio on Saturday that tackle Terron Armstead tore his labrum while hitting a bag during individual drills.  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/17/zach-strief-terron-armstead-tore-labrum-in-bag-drill/   

from that I'd assume shoulder, but it's just a report.  Still, their board is incredulous  that this happened in a non contact drill.

On 6/16/2017 at 4:19 PM, electro's horse said:

i dont mean to throw fire on the saints injury party but that team just shits tackles

im sure they've got some 5th round future pro bowler on the roster who will slide in with no problem

This team has a way with MLB's and for a long time there defensive linemen/pass rushers.

On 6/16/2017 at 3:01 PM, stbugs said:

Didn't like the pick then and still don't. They made it because SF bent them over a barrel. I'd say the drop off between Armstead and Ramzcyk will likely be the same as Armstead and Peat. Ramzcyk wouldn't have sniffed the 1st round in 2016, maybe not even the 2nd either. He got lucky in the dearth of OTs. I hope Moton does amazing, but he was still pick 64, big difference in expectations.

Oh, don't forget that Ramzcyk isn't healthy yet. They are hoping he'll be a go in training camp. I'm not saying he'll be bad but he's a long way from replacing Armstead. Lots of 1st round tackles who don't perform, just look at their roster in Peat.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Watch some football if you want to comment on the Saints so much. 

Peat is a guard. Played guard most of the year, unless Armstead missed. This allows Peat to stay at guard, while Ramzcyk plays tackle. Eventually, he'll take over for Streif, and the Saints will have completely revamped every position on the oline. 

Obviously, Ramzcyk isn't Armstead, but having pro bowl backups isn't realistic. You lose a top 10 player at their position, you're going to downgrade. Luckily for the Saints, they have a promising first round pick to insert.

1 hour ago, saints4lifeagain said:

Watch some football if you want to comment on the Saints so much. 

Peat is a guard. Played guard most of the year, unless Armstead missed. This allows Peat to stay at guard, while Ramzcyk plays tackle. Eventually, he'll take over for Streif, and the Saints will have completely revamped every position on the oline. 

Obviously, Ramzcyk isn't Armstead, but having pro bowl backups isn't realistic. You lose a top 10 player at their position, you're going to downgrade. Luckily for the Saints, they have a promising first round pick to insert.

Having pro bowl backups isn't realistic. 

Having pro bowl backups isn't realistic. 

Just wanted to repeat that part for the Huddlers that act like every team has them

6 hours ago, stbugs said:

Lol. So you are saying you drafted Peat to play guard? My point stands, if Peat didn't turn out to be an NFL tackle then Ramzcyk might not either. I think Foster would have been much better for you guys than Ramzcyk even with Armstead's injury.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

He was drafted as a lineman. I don't know if you realize this, but the Saints value guards just as much, if not more, than tackles. When he was drafted, we had holes at G and not really at T, unless you consider an aging player a hole. 

What is your point about Foster? He wasn't there when we picked. It's not like they passed on him. It's well known that he would have been the pick if he was available, but you can't make a guy be on the board, therefore you can't grade a pick by judging it against a pick that went before it.

Archived