• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

6 months in....

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

Juicing is great, but why don't you just eat the fruits and vegetables in their raw form? To me they taste better, plus you get the benefit of fiber, burning calories from chewing, and more importantly digestion. Some studies say that you burn 50% more calories by eating food raw than juicing. You will feel fuller by eating raw.

I do that too, but I don't have the discipline to do it exclusively. Raw greens are not good. I don't care what you say.

21 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

I do that too, but I don't have the discipline to do it exclusively. Raw greens are not good. I don't care what you say.

To each his own. I think they are supremely flavorful and delicious. Romaine, raw spinach leaves, and cabbage (shredded or in the form of slaw) are pretty much "accepted" ways to eat, but my wife and I (and sometimes my teen son) have just taken it a step further. And let's not talk about all the delicious red, yellow and green peppers. Yummy!

Not saying this is you, but sometimes you just have to reprogram your mind and your taste buds. Each veggie and fruit has a flavor and aroma all its own. We destroy so much of the natural flavor and aroma during the cooking process.

BTW, nutritionally, blending is superior to juicing. 

9 minutes ago, top dawg said:

To each his own. I think they are supremely flavorful and delicious. Romaine, raw spinach leaves, and cabbage (shredded or in the form of slaw) are pretty much "accepted" ways to eat, but my wife and I (and sometimes my teen son) have just taken it a step further. And let's not talk about all the delicious red, yellow and green peppers. Yummy!

Not saying this is you, but sometimes you just have to reprogram your mind and your taste buds. Each veggie and fruit has a flavor and aroma all its own. We destroy so much of the natural flavor and aroma during the cooking process.

BTW, nutritionally, blending is superior to juicing. 

A hot steak straight from the grill tastes 1000 times better than any of that stuff to me. I've tried to lie to myself and tell myself it doesn't but it won't work, lol.

1 hour ago, thebigcat said:

I typically eat a light meal at 1pm, main meal at 3pm then no caloric intake the rest of the day (black coffee, water, sparkling water, unsweet tea).

Nice. 21 hour daily fast. Do ya count calories? 

Pretty much out of curiousity. I know what works for me. 

One thing I'll warn those of considering making the switch to a vegan lifestyle... my meals tend to look like one big medley of things mixed together on a plate. I can never quite get the presentation I'm going for but oh well. Tonight it was a bed of brown rice, topped with baby spinach, and two veggie patties topped with grilled onions, tomatoes, pickles, and guacamole. 

Archived