• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wide receivers camp preview, who is in and who is out?

Jeremy Igo

Shepard's career thus far hasn't been all that impressive. I have a hard time believing that impressing in the OTAs makes him a lock. Dude had an opportunity to take the WR2/3 spot in Tampa and lost out to Adam Humphries, so I ain't drinking that Kool-Aid at this point. Granted, he may change my mind with a good preseason because I do like lemonade.

Y'all say what you want, but I was (am) very skeptical of the Rivera-Gettleman-Proehl era of wide receivers. I am really really hoping that a changing of two of the three will ultimately lead to a change of perspective about how they go about prioritizing who needs to stay and go---specifically, giving vets reps and spots simply because they are vets (a.k.a the safe, conservative, choice). Rivera kills me with that poo. "Competition" should be more than some trite catchphrase. I hope that Hurney and Taylor can help the evolution of minds as it pertains to the process.

37 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly hope Funchess isn't a lock. He hasn't done anything to deserve to be. I hope we put some fire under his butt

He needs a fire, but to say he hasn't shown he deserves to be a lock is pretty false. He just needs more opportunities, something he lacked last year.

27 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

He needs a fire, but to say he hasn't shown he deserves to be a lock is pretty false. He just needs more opportunities, something he lacked last year.

He's done less with the opportunities that he's been given than literally just about any other WR in the NFL.

20 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Oh except for his rookie year when KB was out. I thought he was pretty awesome that year

Yeah, he began to show real promise later on in the season, then had an outstanding camp by all accounts, then when the regular season began last year, it's like Rivera and/or Shula put the brakes on him in favor of Philly and Ginn (who a lot of weeks looked like they were just going through the motions to me). 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

He's done less with the opportunities that he's been given than literally just about any other WR in the NFL.

Why is it that Rivera and Gettleman can see that Funchess wasn't given enough opportunities, but you keep pushing your own shaky narrative about him? You don't know more than they do. 

Archived