• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

unverified report: gettleman cut steve smith because in 2013 he punched cam newton in the face twice in the locker room after practice

PhillyB

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

I fully trust you Phil, and your judgement of the trustworthiness of others...  but this is hard to believe.

I love Smitty, and I love Cam.  That being said, did Smitty tell Cam to wait there a second so he could grab a step stool, come back, and then punch him in the face lol.  I dont think he could reach Cam's face without Cam overpowering him with sheer size and leverage.

And as much as I love Smitty, I was always under the impression that he only attacked guys when 1) they were "softer" than him, and 2) were in vulnerable positions where they didn't expect it and he had the upper hand.  Both Bright and Lucas were easy targets, not tough guys and actually considered "nice," and both were caught off-guard when Smitty punched them.  And additionally, neither was 6'5" 260 lbs., or the guy responsible for getting the ball to him.

It seems like an interesting story and also convenient to tell at this point in time in defense of Gettleman from people that know him.  Again, I think it's entirely possible, it just seems very unlikely.  I honestly don't know what to say about it if it was true...  I don't see Cam letting anyone physically punk him like that either.  My instinct is too deny it for the reasons I listed above...  I can't fathom it.

Smith can jump though

Just now, The Huddler said:

Lol

"really? Wow. I just made that up! " 

lol jk

i'm healthily skeptical. saca is well connected though.

not a stretch to imagine this getting sealed off and buried. if no one was there to see it and there were no black eyes or broken noses it's entirely plausible. poo happens behind closed doors that's not disclosed all the time and it's likely gettleman is privy to countless other stories that will never see the light of day.

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I fully trust you Phil, and your judgement of the trustworthiness of others...  but this is hard to believe.

I love Smitty, and I love Cam.  That being said, did Smitty tell Cam to wait there a second so he could grab a step stool, come back, and then punch him in the face lol.  I dont think he could reach Cam's face without Cam overpowering him with sheer size and leverage.

And as much as I love Smitty, I was always under the impression that he only attacked guys when 1) they were "softer" than him, and 2) were in vulnerable positions where they didn't expect it and he had the upper hand.  Both Bright and Lucas were easy targets, not tough guys and actually considered "nice," and both were caught off-guard when Smitty punched them.  And additionally, neither was 6'5" 260 lbs., or the guy responsible for getting the ball to him.

It seems like an interesting story and also convenient to tell at this point in time in defense of Gettleman from people that know him.  Again, I think it's entirely possible, it just seems very unlikely.  I honestly don't know what to say about it if it was true...  I don't see Cam letting anyone physically punk him like that either.  My instinct is too deny it for the reasons I listed above...  I can't fathom it.

Cam has like 8 inches of height on Steve. You're making it sound like Steve is a midget and unable to reach his face. Smh 

Just now, frash.exe said:

who was the other guy?

i've got lucas and bright definitely and cam if this story is true

oh and then there was that time he threatened to beat up witten in front of his kids and the press

I can't remember the name but there was a third incident that was cited after the Lucas thing happened, but it took place before that.

1 minute ago, frash.exe said:

who was the other guy?

i've got lucas and bright definitely and cam if this story is true

oh and then there was that time he threatened to beat up witten in front of his kids and the press

Can't remember the name now, but he essentially ended the guys career too.  It was before Bright and Lucas, and the guy was a fringe invite-type, and IIRC, it happened quietly during camp and the guy was released.

1 minute ago, SCP said:

A) Nice choice of cigar
B) Next time you see him ask if Dave thinks JR is a loony nut job?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

i normally smoke the maduro but i haven't eaten dinner and i don't wanna die tonight.

i'll see him again in a few weeks and ask. hard to imagine gettleman poo talking JR while he was still with the team though

2 minutes ago, Troys99x3 said:

Y'all believe anything someone posts lol. Not to bash the OP, maybe someone did pass along this info... but cmon now. 

Actually, it's usually the other way around. We liked to trash the OP and post cool things like "cool story bro".

But this, yeah it's believable, easily

1 minute ago, PhillyB said:

i'm healthily skeptical. saca is well connected though.

not a stretch to imagine this getting sealed off and buried. if no one was there to see it and there were no black eyes or broken noses it's entirely plausible. poo happens behind closed doors that's not disclosed all the time and it's likely gettleman is privy to countless other stories that will never see the light of day.

At the end of the day if they were feuding this badly over power of the locker room, smitty gotta go. Sorry smitty but we run on good chemistry. 

Archived