• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another tidbit from my source

Snake

7 hours ago, SIGCHI222 said:

Did not mean to be condescending.  Please except my apologies but I have been told a very different tale and your post is the only time I saw a chance to share it.  Keep  Pounding brother.

Well what tale have you been told? 

I'm wondering how likely they thought it was that rest and PT would allow the shoulder to heal properly in the first place.  If it was a small probability and we banked on that happening instead of going ahead and doing surgery with a proper recovery time, someone needs to get bitch slapped.  

But he has been throwing with the trainer in the past 2 days. That must speak progress. If they'd hold him for a month, I wouldn't expect him to do anything at all. 

In my opinion, he comes back to throw right before second preseason game. 

5 minutes ago, iBBB said:

But he has been throwing with the trainer in the past 2 days. That must speak progress. If they'd hold him for a month, I wouldn't expect him to do anything at all. 

I mean, if throwing 5 or 6 overhand passes a few yards can be considered progress. 

5 minutes ago, iBBB said:

(X) Doubt

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm sure they were too. I also keep in mind that this is the same franchise whose medical team put TD through three ACL injuries trying to rush him back and who put Jon Beason out there with an Achilles that they knew was going to pop at any moment.

TD actually had 3 different surgeries on his knee. The first was a hamstring used to replace the ACL. The second was a cadaver ACL. The third was using a portion of his own patella tendon as the ACL. The patella tendon is more invasive and recovery is a little tougher but it gives the best result. You could blame the doctors who did the surgery but not the trainers who simply tried to rehab him after the fact. They simply did the least invasive procedures first and when unsuccessful moved down the options. Same with Cam. Surgery is the last option once you exhaust other options not the first option. The scar tissue and residual issues are why they didn't do the surgery until they had no other choice.

9 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Cam lobbied hard to play...he did not want to sit out when he knew others had played hurt during the season. His example as a leader may mean a lot more to this team in the long run. He was in there playing to win even though the season was lost. I have a lot of respect for Cam for that and you can bet his teammates do too.  

Cam played with a broken back, when the playoffs were on the line, and followed that up with an MVP season.  He didn't have to prove jack $hit to anyone!  

Archived