• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cutting Webb did not go over well in the locker room, per Joe Person

PhillyB

I know it's Joe Person reporting and therefore possibly pregnant with stupidity but Webb was a popular guy. Not a good reason alone to keep him but I'm sure everyone saw DA stinking it up. Bad vibes.

Will players care that a previously-fired GM keeping two kickers (he's done it before) cost a popular, effective role player his spot?

Webb was well liked by teammates and coaches, and this was a deal that didn’t go over well in the locker room. The Panthers also waived No. 4 QB Garrett Gilbert, and will start the season with Newton and longtime backup Derek Anderson as their only quarterbacks.

I can see it. 

Webb is a really great guy. Hilarious and cheerful, always smiling. Probably a lot of fun to have around. 

No one likes losing those types of co-workers, no matter what company. 

They are allowed to care. Then they are allowed to get over it and realize this is a business and to go earn their ridiculous paychecks. 95% of each of them will one day be cut as well. The rest will retire before their paycheck outweighs their talent. 

1 minute ago, Wolfcop said:

They are allowed to care. Then they are allowed to get over it and realize this is a business and to go earn their ridiculous paychecks. 95% of each of them will one day be cut as well. The rest will retire before their paycheck outweighs their talent. 

why is this red herring trotted out so often in sports discussions?

Archived