• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Score Predictions: CAR Home VS BUF

Saca312

Just got done doing the elliptical and watched the condensed Bills-Jets game on GamePass.  My thoughts:

1) Shady McCoy is the real deal.  He looked as good as any RB in the league, and is a receiving threat also.  I think he had about 150 combined yards.  Tolbert looked motivated and in better shape (funny how that works), and he can gain yards when he gets a full head of steam.  Decent backup to McCoy I guess and goal line threat.  Buffalo was just as committed to the run against the Jets as we were against the 49ers.  

2) In terms of receivers, Clay is a better TE than you might know.  Decent wide receivers, but none on par with either Garcon or the speed of Marquis Goodwin. I like Zay Jones out of ECU, but he's a rookie.  They also have the underwhelming Jordan Matthews from Philly and Andre Holmes.  Big receivers, definitely not burners.

3) McCoy and Clay are by far the biggest offensive threats.  Tyrod took a couple of shots, but he wasn't really pushing the ball down the field for the most part.  Threw one interception in the end zone.  

4) Tyrod is a poor man's Russell Wilson in that he can escape pressure like Wilson and run, but he isn't accurate down the field doing it.  Bills offensive line was decent, did allow some pressure, but Tyrod was able to pick up several firsts downs as the Jets didn't do very good containing him.

5) On defense, Buffalo has invested a lot of money in the defense, and McDermott had them playing well.  Again, no one expects the Jets to be good this year, but it was a solid performance.  The Bills did allow one TD (missed 2 pt) and 2 other TD's.  By the first part of the 4th Quarter, the Bills had a 9 point lead and it felt like it was out of reach for the Jets.

6) Shaq Lawson and Tre'Davious White are both young players who looked good.  Linebacker Ramon Humber is an under the radar guy who had a real good game.

7) McDermott seemed in control and poised in his first game as HC.  Didn't have the clock management issues the 49ers did with Kyle Shanahan calling plays and being HC.

In conclusion, the Bills looked like a well-coached team against an inferior opponent in the Jets.  I think they will be ready to play on Sunday.  However, in looking through their roster as I did this write-up, they have the look of a team building for the future, and all the trades Beane has made for future draft picks points to that as well.  The Bills have some nice pieces to build around, but they need a franchise QB and a couple more drafts to get there.  All of which seems to be part of the McDermott/Beane plan.

The AFC East seems as clear as any division out there.  Even with the Patriots struggles, I think they are clearly the 1st best team, Miami clearly 2nd, Buffalo clearly 3rd, and the Jets clearly 4th and in the conversation for worst team in the league.

On a personal level, I have no animosity towards the Bills.  They have had a rough 17 year run, some of it self-induced, some of it sharing the division with Belichick and Brady.

I will be at the game on Sunday, and I expect a back and forth contest in the 1st Half.  I think our superior talent will allow us to pull away in the 2nd Half and we go to 2-0.  I truly believe the Cam in the 2nd Half last week is the Cam we saw this week.  I think we will be able to get over 100 yards rushing, and Olsen and KB will both have TD grabs.

On defense, Tyrod will be under pressure and throw at least 2 interceptions.  I think their lack of speed at receiver will allow Wilks to play more man-to-man and bring the blitz.  I think McCoy still gets 100 combined yards, but no one else will stand out.

Panthers 27, Bills 16

14 hours ago, Seltzer said:

Just got done doing the elliptical and watched the condensed Bills-Jets game on GamePass.  My thoughts:

1) Shady McCoy is the real deal.  He looked as good as any RB in the league, and is a receiving threat also.  I think he had about 150 combined yards.  Tolbert looked motivated and in better shape (funny how that works), and he can gain yards when he gets a full head of steam.  Decent backup to McCoy I guess and goal line threat.  Buffalo was just as committed to the run against the Jets as we were against the 49ers.  

2) In terms of receivers, Clay is a better TE than you might know.  Decent wide receivers, but none on par with either Garcon or the speed of Marquis Goodwin. I like Zay Jones out of ECU, but he's a rookie.  They also have the underwhelming Jordan Matthews from Philly and Andre Holmes.  Big receivers, definitely not burners.

3) McCoy and Clay are by far the biggest offensive threats.  Tyrod took a couple of shots, but he wasn't really pushing the ball down the field for the most part.  Threw one interception in the end zone.  

4) Tyrod is a poor man's Russell Wilson in that he can escape pressure like Wilson and run, but he isn't accurate down the field doing it.  Bills offensive line was decent, did allow some pressure, but Tyrod was able to pick up several firsts downs as the Jets didn't do very good containing him.

5) On defense, Buffalo has invested a lot of money in the defense, and McDermott had them playing well.  Again, no one expects the Jets to be good this year, but it was a solid performance.  The Bills did allow one TD (missed 2 pt) and 2 other TD's.  By the first part of the 4th Quarter, the Bills had a 9 point lead and it felt like it was out of reach for the Jets.

6) Shaq Lawson and Tre'Davious White are both young players who looked good.  Linebacker Ramon Humber is an under the radar guy who had a real good game.

7) McDermott seemed in control and poised in his first game as HC.  Didn't have the clock management issues the 49ers did with Kyle Shanahan calling plays and being HC.

In conclusion, the Bills looked like a well-coached team against an inferior opponent in the Jets.  I think they will be ready to play on Sunday.  However, in looking through their roster as I did this write-up, they have the look of a team building for the future, and all the trades Beane has made for future draft picks points to that as well.  The Bills have some nice pieces to build around, but they need a franchise QB and a couple more drafts to get there.  All of which seems to be part of the McDermott/Beane plan.

The AFC East seems as clear as any division out there.  Even with the Patriots struggles, I think they are clearly the 1st best team, Miami clearly 2nd, Buffalo clearly 3rd, and the Jets clearly 4th and in the conversation for worst team in the league.

On a personal level, I have no animosity towards the Bills.  They have had a rough 17 year run, some of it self-induced, some of it sharing the division with Belichick and Brady.

I will be at the game on Sunday, and I expect a back and forth contest in the 1st Half.  I think our superior talent will allow us to pull away in the 2nd Half and we go to 2-0.  I truly believe the Cam in the 2nd Half last week is the Cam we saw this week.  I think we will be able to get over 100 yards rushing, and Olsen and KB will both have TD grabs.

On defense, Tyrod will be under pressure and throw at least 2 interceptions.  I think their lack of speed at receiver will allow Wilks to play more man-to-man and bring the blitz.  I think McCoy still gets 100 combined yards, but no one else will stand out.

Panthers 27, Bills 16

Key word.   Combined for McCoy.   We are a great team at stopping the run.  What was it 21 in a row with less than 100 yds against us?  Our front seven is the better than those teams that kept everyone under 100 yds. 

22 hours ago, billsfan60 said:

This is way closer to the way it shapes up. There"s always a lunatic fringe at every team's site that predict blowouts that hardly ever happen. I just want to come out of this with no significant injuries for either side so we both can go back to conference games healthy. (hate the falcons)

Eh. I thought the 49ers game would be close. I don't predict blowouts unless I see the team we're going against really has no chance.

On paper, this matchup is in our favor. Hard to see this not be a blowout.

On 9/14/2017 at 8:52 AM, DaveThePanther2008 said:

You can say the same thing about us know McDermott's defense as well.   We know his tendencies as well.

I am not an expert on Buffalo but from what I have read their LBers are not that great.  If we get CMC beyond the line of scrimmage (which we did quite well last week) He isn't going to have LBers as good as SF breathing down his neck.  

I think we get a couple early turnovers and score making Taylor beat us and it ain't gonna happen.

You can change schemes and signals but you can't change tendencies. McDermott is not calling the D. Frazier is.  The Bills we be prepared McDermott knows Newton. Webb knows Newton. Tolbert knows how to eat and run in the middle of a pile. 

7 minutes ago, FlamFluten said:

You can change schemes and signals but you can't change tendencies. McDermott is not calling the D. Frazier is.  The Bills we be prepared McDermott knows Newton. Webb knows Newton. Tolbert knows how to eat and run in the middle of a pile. 

LOL

Archived