• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SCARY MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeremy Igo

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:43 AM, Dex said:

The Babadook (haven't seen but have heard good things)

I thought The Babadook was ugh. Boring and silly and way overhyped. I mean not unwatchable bad but just not satisfying in any way and I was waiting for it to be finished.

52 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Several in that list I've been meaning to see.

Green Room is nuts.

Liked Green Room.  You may not like all those on that list...but I like bad horror movies for the most part as well.  It has to be really, really bad for me to hate it.  Exception would be Nightmare on Elm Street movies.  Just never liked em.  The first one was ok, the rest I hated.

The Thankskilling movies are...ummmm...different. If you go in with no expectations you'll be laughing as you shout at the tv what in the actual fug is going on? Just plain strange movies.

Also it goes from 1 to 3. There is no 2 but the movie Thankskilling 2 is mentioned in 3. It's just insanity.

thankskilling_movie_poster.jpg.55ddc5de2fef6b25d475494264a89cc3.jpg

Lots of great suggestions, but a precious few that are missing:

Judging from the OP @Jeremy Igo I'm thinking you'd enjoy some stylized schlock and mayhem features:

Feast, Slither, Ginger Snaps, Shaun of the Dead

If you are looking for something in the vein of straight creepy as hell and stick with you:

Audition (nothing else out there like it), Inside

For gore-fests:

High Tension, Re-Animator, Hellraiser, The Fly (remake), Hostel

Standard fare (NONE OF THE SEQUELS):

Candyman, Silent Hill, Dawn of the Dead (Remake), The Mist, 30 Days of Night

Double-Mentions (mentioned in the thread previously but deserving of another shout):

Event Horizon, Cabin in the Woods, Trick'r'Treat (2007), Get Out, Evil Dead, Return of the Living Dead, The Thing, Wolf Creek

11 minutes ago, twylyght said:

Lots of great suggestions, but a precious few that are missing:

Judging from the OP (@JeremyIgo) I'm thinking you'd enjoy some stylized schlock and mayhem features:

Feast, Slither, Ginger Snaps, Shaun of the Dead

If you are looking for something in the vein of straight creepy as hell and stick with you:

Audition (nothing else out there like it), Inside

For gore-fests:

High Tension, Re-Animator, Hellraiser, The Fly (remake), Hostel

Standard fare (NONE OF THE SEQUELS):

Candyman, Silent Hill, Dawn of the Dead (Remake), The Mist, 30 Days of Night

Double-Mentions (mentioned in the thread previously but deserving of another shout):

Event Horizon, Cabin in the Woods, Trick'r'Treat (2007), Get Out, Evil Dead, Return of the Living Dead, The Thing, Wolf Creek

Can't find a bad one on that list.  I need to see Inside.  Well played!

1 hour ago, Moorgan said:

I thought The Babadook was ugh. Boring and silly and way overhyped. I mean not unwatchable bad but just not satisfying in any way and I was waiting for it to be finished.

I really liked The Babadook but the ending was just a real let down IMO. 

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:05 AM, Cary Kollins said:

Wolf Creek - 2005 Australian horror/thriller summed up best by this Empire quote "a grimy gut-chiller that unsettles as much as it thrills, violently shunting you to the edge of your seat before clamping onto your memory like a rusty mantrap". Don't be fooled by the 53% RT score, the negative reviews were from critics calling it too hardcore and lifelike.

I was going to recommend Wolf Creek here - you beat me too it - definitely about a 9 1/2 on the creepy scale out of 10.

Archived