• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What The Hell is Ken Dorsey Still Doing Here?

Castavar

1 minute ago, Castavar said:

My excitement for this season collapsed hard after we fired G-man and hired back Hurney. At that point I didn't have a very good vibe for the upcoming season. We didn't even get to retain our future GM that we groomed for years. Feels bad man. This whole situation is fugged

Couldn’t agree more.  The firing of Dave Gettleman will be something we won’t forget long after Rivera is gone.  Gettleman was the best thing to happen to this organization and should have been allowed to be here until he wanted to retire.  

Our only hope is that A new GM is hired in the offseason, because if Hurney stays it’s over for us.  It hurts to say this, but If being a bad team this year ensures Hurney being gone I can probably stomach it.  I feel if we are successful Hurney will take credit and want to stick.  Ideally  I hope we win and Hurney steps aside of course but I think he’s getting comfortable.

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

Same reason Shula is still here. Ron.

The only time Rivera actually fired any assistants was back years ago when he needed a scapegoat to direct attention from his own coaching tendencies that lost us games.

Yep, Ron's blind loyalty is going to be his demise. He COULD have become a great coach, but he is just too damn stubborn.

39 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Does the QB coach really have that much to do with performance? I mean really? Every QB coach in the league runs the same basic drills in practice...strength and conditioning are managed by the strength coach and training staff...the playbook is the OC's...and the plays are called in. No one is going to change Cam's game but Cam. 

Yes its the QB coach that breaks down what went wrong and what went right on offensive plays. It's why some of the better ones become OCs. 

1 minute ago, DelhommesTheMan said:

Couldn’t agree more.  The firing of Dave Gettleman will be something we won’t forget long after Rivera is gone.  Gettleman was the best thing to happen to this organization and should have been allowed to be here until he wanted to retire.  

Our only hope is that A new GM is hired in the offseason, because if Hurney stays it’s over for us.  It hurts to say this, but If being a bad team this year ensures Hurney being gone I can probably stomach it.  I feel if we are successful Hurney will take credit and want to stick.  Ideally  I hope we win and Hurney steps aside of course but I think he’s getting comfortable.

G-man had his faults as well, but he was still taking this team in the right direction. I'm afraid Hurney is here to stay, which is possibly THE worst outcome sadly. Basically took 3 steps back with that move. I wouldn't have even minded firing G-man, if it meant going in another direction, BUT NOT THE SAME GM WHO PUT US IN CAP HELL TO START WITH!

But again, JR is the head of the snake. This is all his doing. He still wants his GMs to be yes men and he wants his defensive head coaches and family environment. This is not going to change anytime soon.

57 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Both DA and Cam have regressed IMMENSELY. Yeah, obviously Shula is ass, but I don't get why we haven't tried to get a legit QB coach for Cam. I've seen Cam make mistakes the past 2 years that hadn't occurred since his rookie season. It's Dorsey's job to make sure he goes through his reads, has pocket awareness, and keeps his throwing motion down. WTF is he even doing with Cam in practice? Dorsey was one of the worst pro QB's I have EVER seen play, and yet here he is to ruin Cam. Couple that with Shula and you have a disinterested Cam that looks like the life force was sucked outta him. We need a complete overhaul everywhere sans Wilks.

Lmao

6 minutes ago, 2jakefansinva said:

Lmao

I know right? It's funny how we keep one of the worst QB coaches and worst OCs for Cam. It's so funny. hahahahahahahahaha It's so fun seeing Cam regress as a QB and get his sh*t rung because those two are so incompetent hahahahahaha lol :)

14 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

We are stuck with this cast of characters until this season ends and maybe even past that unless we actually hire a new gm that gets rid of stoic Ron.  I am not holding my breath.

Honestly, I thought FOR SURE last year would be the last straw for this coaching staff. There was even a thread mid-season on whether we should tank so we can get rid of our coaching staff. It just sucks that we had to endure that sh*t season and get nothing out of it. No new HC, OC, and we lose our only good coordinator in McDermott (although I still like Wilks). Not to mention also lose our best GM this franchise has ever had (not saying much) and don't even retain Beane, and then hire back the guy that got us in cap hell to start with. We can't even take advantage of our early draft picks because Shula has the creativity of a snail.

The problem is we hold on to players and staff that are not conducive to are growth because of loyalty and it will be the death of us..

yes shula isn't good enough

yes ken Dorsey isn't good enough

fozzy should be gone 

Derek Anderson should be gone

colin Jones should've been replaced

look how long we let bersin linger smh

ed Dickson is not that good of a blocker should've been gone

i understand these guys were here for the super bowl run but bosses have to make choices for the betterment of the entire organization.. fug the personal bonds

do you think cam and da are still gonna be doing those jump shot celebrations this this year?.. hope not it's time to move forward or be the same fukking team with the same fukking weaknesses and act so surprised at the outcome.. I'm sick of it enough enough

3 minutes ago, juliosantos said:

WHY IS RIVERA STILL HERE ?  HE ONLY HAD 2 GOOD YEARS AND ONE WAS BECAUSE HE WHENT BAT CRAZXY AND WENT FOR IT ON EVERY 4TH AND SHORT AFTER A 1 AND 3 START . EVERY YEAR BUT ONE WAS A FIRE RON RIVERA DISCUSSED HES BEEN LONG OVERDUE 

turn off the caps.

Archived