• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Carolina Panthers at Detroit Lions Gameday Thread

Jeremy Igo

11 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It’s disheartening, seems like you invite injuries and get Cam out of rhythm.

The FG thing kills me. We are going to cost ourselves a game this year because we fuged up being in range with bad play calls like today.

Also, the push up front isn’t surprising. When the D knows it’s a run up the middle and you run it up the middle the D will likely stop it. There’s a reason why the play action fake got Dickson a 60 yarder. They absolutely sold out to stop an up the middle run. This is the NFL and against a team that has a good D, if they have DTs and two LBers run blitzing up the middle you aren’t going to gain yards up the middle. 

I think what we have to hope for is 1: We HAVE to stay healthy first and foremost. 2: That Cam and Shula are finally learning how to utilize all these weapons on offense. Still not there yet, but you can sense and see it coming together. And this team IS loaded on offense. ( need to utilize Fozzy more in run game). 3: The more this offense gels and starts to function like it's capable of, the more confidence these coaches have in putting foot on throat of defenses to close games. 4: Steve Wilkes gets better as D coordinator as season progresses, as does our secondary.

28 minutes ago, ichigo1057 said:

We win but man JR or somebody needs to have a word with Ron and the coaches about this scared mentality letting teams get back into the game. We did it last week against BRADY of all people and now we do it this week as well. PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. Playing to not lose gets you in trouble and WILL cost us a game at some point if this continues.

Somebody needs to explain the following to Ron...

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

There’s no doubt we can be great. I don’t think we need Fozzie at all. Imagine when we get back a healthy Olsen as well and god forbid Ryan Kalil plays again. It just sucks having to watch that knowing we should have made a statement and made sure Detroit knows they can’t hang with us. 

I agree, it stings a bit. But you know what....At the end of the day, we're 4-1 and just won two road games. One against the Super Bowl champs, and the other against a 3-1 Detroit squad that is pretty good. No one can say we're playing soft teams like they did in 2015. And it looks like we're finding our identity on offense. This all bodes very well for this team. Panthers are a team that is improving and it should scare the hell out of the league......So, yes, would have been nice to drag the Lions dead corpse across field a bit, but all and all, Panthers look pretty good right now.....As far as Fozzy, I just think we need another "between the tackles" runner so Stewart can stay healthy....Don't know if CMC is that guy yet.

53 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

LOL at all the people that picked against us again. Maybe they should do that every time so we can keep stringing wins 

Yeah, where's that Connor Orr guy? In 15, he was our good luck charm.

34 minutes ago, ecu88 said:

Avg yards per catch in a game 

Actually, he is the first Panther with multiple 50+ yard catches in the same game.

5 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Keep whining like a pup.

Contribute something actual to the huddle and you won’t be judged. 

Says the guy that continues to whine lol Gotta love the irony

Now move on scrub, you are embarrassing yourself

Archived