• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game etiquette

MasterAwesome

Stand when everyone else stands, sit when everyone else sits. it's a pretty organic thing, everyone stands during exciting moments, but there's literally no reason to be standing when everyone around you is sitting down watching the flow of the game.

inability to read the people around you doesn't make you cool.

I've gotten to watch the Panthers play at many locations outside of Charlotte. Believe it or not, it's very limited to see mass amounts of people standing at games. Normally only at key points in the game. Example: 3rd downs, INT, TD, FG & National Anthem. Standing an entire game is just dumb.

If the NFL is looking for reasons that game attendance is declining, this thread is a great example. Should I pay hundreds of dollars  for tickets, parking and concessions, and have the possibility of getting into an altercation because someone wants to block my view for the entire game? Or watch at home on my big screen TV, sitting on my comfortable couch for free... Most older folks like me try to avoid confrontations with drunken assholes half my age. 

2 hours ago, Carolina Mike said:

I've gotten to watch the Panthers play at many locations outside of Charlotte. Believe it or not, it's very limited to see mass amounts of people standing at games. Normally only at key points in the game. Example: 3rd downs, INT, TD, FG & National Anthem. Standing an entire game is just dumb.

Only place I have seen it is at college games, and then usually just in the student sections.  Its relatively easy for someone who is 19 or 20 years old to stand for 3 hours.  Us older folks would stay home if we had to stand for that long. 

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:12 AM, grateflday said:

As far as the people leaving...that is typical of our fan base, we see it all the time.  When a little adversity hits the team in the 4th quarter its mass exodus at all once.  That was right after the Eagles went up by 12pts with over 14+min left in the game.  That is an example of our overall weak fan base..... 

16 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I have been to a lot of games.  Football, basketball, baseball, both college and pro.  Its typical of a lot of fan bases, not just ours.  

I will have to respectfully disagree.  If you see the rest of my comment as it relates to people leaving early I was referring to the mass exodus with almost an entire 4th qtr left to play.  I have also been to a lot of games in all sports, at many different locations and fans leaving in mass during a close game is not typical.  In all the events I have been to over the past many years, in close games the majority of fans stay. 

It's crazy how many people are now saying to not stand the entire time after the recorded assault. I remember when this topic was brought up a year or two ago, there was an overwhelming amount of douchenozzles looking down their nose at people for not standing the entire time.

There are folks there who might not be able to stand the length of the game. My wife, for example, has scoliosis and has a hard enough time sitting in the seats we have. Standing the entire game is out of the question. Plus, there's general courtesy for other people that ALSO paid their hard earned money + spent time to attend. Buying a ticket doesn't entitle a person to make other ticket holders' experience less enjoyable. Sit down, snowflake. The anthem isn't playing the whole damn game.

By all means, stand up on tense moments but be considerate to those around you. There was a row of older folks behind me for a couple of games last season and I know that my jumping out of my seat during big plays was bothering them, so I apologized. Guess what? From that point forward, they were totally ok with me jumping up and standing on 3rd down, and even did so a couple of times themselves. All it took was a sincere apology, relaying to them what just happened when they missed it, and celebrating with them.

Definitely happy to see people understand how shitty it is to be confrontational about the whole thing. Quite a change in tone from before.

3 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

sit down between plays or maybe on offense but stand on defense. if i only wanted to sit during a game i would stay on my couch.

Always always sit on offense.

And no matter what do NOT stand and cheer when going for it on 4th down on offense. That is a super special Panther fans feature..

On 10/14/2017 at 2:51 PM, SCP said:

I bought my PSLs on the aisle so I can stand whenever and for as long as I want without disturbing the person behind me. I stand a lot, not to be an asshole but because I get so emotionally envolved in the game I just can't stay seated. I sit when we are on offense but I'm in the aisle on D. Me and the security guy in my section have a running joke after all these years. He tells me to get out of the aisle and I tell him no.

I've got a landing area next to my aisle seat. I'll start doing this too since I probably won't bulldoze anybody coming down the steps due to the extra space. Appreciate the good idea!

Archived