• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Aaron Rodgers broken collar bone/ Now Jameis Winston Out in Tampa

Kevin Greene

47 minutes ago, panthers_fan_in_tx said:

The saints sure are catching a lot of breaks.   They got rusty cam, Jay Cutler,  banged up Stafford,  and now no Rodgers.   

They sure are. My friend said that Peyton is using vudu and witchdoctors. 

2 hours ago, !stUp said:

Rodgers injury. Probably won't know the full extent until tomorrow. But keep this in mind. If it is a collar bone, that would give him a 6 to 8 week recovery time line. And in eight weeks (roughly) guess who we play?

It was about two months in 2013 but that was the collarbone on his non-throwing shoulder. Even in the best of circumstances, Rodgers may not be 100% the first game back. 

Quite a shame for Rodgers because the Packers are atrocious without him. Losing on Thursday was bad but the Packers would trade for our situation right now in an instant. If you have no QB, you have no chance.

22 minutes ago, GRWatcher said:

I'm thankful that Cam is a mobile QB who seems to train in the weight room like an RB. There's too many QB's getting injured this season and I'm glad Cam isn't one of them.

There is no amount of weight room training that can prevent a broken collar bone.  Just one of those things that happens in the NFL. 

I wouldn't count on any game as an easy win. This team, even in its current iteration, has a tendency of making backup QBs look like starters. Sucks for the Packers and the NFL in general. Whenever you lose one of the most electrifying players in the sport for the season, it's a bad thing. 

Archived