• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3rd and 21...

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, rayzor said:

coaches look at the tape. share it with the players and after each bad play tell the players that they f^cked up regardless of whether or not the play design or call was bad (lol on that last part because they NEVER have a bad play design or call *eyerollemoji*).

This stuff with this guy is getting out of hand. 

Screenshot_20171024-213248.png

14 hours ago, J.Cage said:

Where?

Where did you see the opportunity for this?

On this play specifically and in general.

On this play, Cam rolls out to the right and only 52, who is off-balance and like 8 yards away, is anywhere near Cam. I'm fairly certain that this is the play where Cam took off and was tackled from behind for a negligible gain (4-5 yards when we needed 21). Maybe its too much of an assumption with our novice receivers; but, generally, back-end coverage breaks down as plays are extended. The right move here is to move around and wait for your receivers to break free.  Cam moves away from pressure but from some reason takes off instead of trying to pass downfield. 

Rodgers and Roethlisberger are great at this. Wentz is very good at this. Even this past week McCown was lighting up defenses by doing this. Cam is more athletic and ellusive than all of these QBs and therefore should excel at moving around and allowing his receivers to work open. Plays like this make me queston his understanding of football.

On October 23, 2017 at 8:23 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

It is 3rd and 21. 

Lets give a DE a clear path to the Cam.

giphy.gif

WTF is this.  Dickson doesn't even chip him. If Williams slides over to take on the DE, the blitzing LB still has a clear shot on Cam. 

Good lord. 

And we wonder why Cam walks around looking like Eyeore

that second TE position has needed updating since Cam's second year when Shockey retired vut you know Ron, Hurney, Gettleman, why upgrade when we are happy with what we have

1 hour ago, imminent rogaine said:

On this play, Cam rolls out to the right and only 52, who is off-balance and like 8 yards away, is anywhere near Cam. I'm fairly certain that this is the play where Cam took off and was tackled from behind for a negligible gain (4-5 yards when we needed 21). Maybe its too much of an assumption with our novice receivers; but, generally, back-end coverage breaks down as plays are extended. The right move here is to move around and wait for your receivers to break free.  Cam moves away from pressure but from some reason takes off instead of trying to pass downfield. 

Rodgers and Roethlisberger are great at this. Wentz is very good at this. Even this past week McCown was lighting up defenses by doing this. Cam is more athletic and ellusive than all of these QBs and therefore should excel at moving around and allowing his receivers to work open. Plays like this make me queston his understanding of football.

Not so sure of that any longer, sadly.

1 hour ago, imminent rogaine said:

Cam is more athletic and therefore should be responsible for the instincts and atheltic ability of his WRs? 

4 hours ago, imminent rogaine said:

The problem is there not breaking away. Smaller faster WRs are better at it and was one of the reasons why the Panthers should have paid Ginn or D. Jax. 

Archived