• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Plan on Selling Team

Admiral Ackbar

Why would the NFL leave an area of over 17 million people? One that has been decent in making money as well. When there are far more worse off markets out there. Always the Carolinas with the threat of a team leaving, why? Also, remember what happened to George Shinn with the Hornets when he left a successful market in Charlotte for New Orleans and had to sell the team. Obviously, the NBA was making more money with the Charlotte Hornets than the New Orleans Hornets. It is an obvious reason why both markets chose new (or old) brands.

On 10/27/2017 at 6:48 PM, brandon_87 said:

Same poo out here in Vegas with the Raiders, nobody here, and I seriously mean nobody, wanted the Raiders here, but someone we got "awarded" that fug ass franchise and now our taxes are going up like crazy to pay for it. Makes no sense why taxpayers here should have to pay for something we didn't want, we all know damn well when it's paid for, they won't drop the taxes back down

I will be the 14th person in line signed up for the CARvsLVR game when it's scheduled.

On 10/28/2017 at 10:40 AM, Kyle82 said:

If the franchise would ever leave then I would leave them.  

That's my dilemma.  Am I a fan of the TEAM, or a fan of the TEAM IN CHARLOTTE?  If they move cities, do I move my allegiance to the new location?

(I'm not in Charlotte, so it's not an issue about wanting a local team)

No idea which way I'll turn; looking at the Colts, Chargers, Raiders, Rams, Rams, and Raiders moves for ideas and not finding any.

On 10/27/2017 at 6:30 PM, thebigcat said:

That's not new news, likely due to inheritance tax. I could see Jordan, Belk brothers or Mark Cuban buying the team. There's no way the team moves, to where? St. Louis, London, San Antonio, other than London those would be downgrade choices. London will never have a full time team, travel logistics make it impossible

Tons of other options as well. If a new owner was interested in moving several cities would be lined up.

45 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

Tons of other options as well. If a new owner was interested in moving several cities would be lined up.

Doesn't the team have a commitment to Charlotte given the relatively recent renovations paid for by the tax payer? I know its only a short term set number of years. Any one know how long that is? I can't seem to find it.

This is also an assumption that once the team is sold the new owners have an obligation to the current stadium for those tax dollars spent...right? 

Archived