• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm telling you guys..

Cam's New Arm

I don't think they treated it like a preseason game, but I do believe that they may have kept some things under wraps.  Rivera might get aggressive from time to time, but he's ultimately a conservative coach and it is something he would do.  

Let me also make clear that if it were true that this did happen, heads should roll. 

This was not a meaningless game. The NFC South was still up for grabs. We could have won the division title and had a home playoff game, and would have given that Tampa pulled off the upset against the Saints.

Knowing what was at stake, if they went into this half-assed, we should all be pissed off beyond belief.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Let me also make clear that if it were true that this did happen, heads should roll. 

This was not a meaningless game. The NFC South was still up for grabs. We could have won the division title and had a home playoff game, and would have given that Tampa pulled off the upset of the Saints.

Knowing what was at stake, if they went into this half-assed, we should all be pissed off beyond belief.

I would say if the goal was to come out of this 100% healthy for the playoffs; then it worked out.

not saying they should of done it if they did, but they did achieve the goal.

1 minute ago, Mage said:

I don't think they treated it like a preseason game, but I do believe that they may have kept some things under wraps.  Rivera might get aggressive from time to time, but he's ultimately a conservative coach and it is something he would do.  

Yeah.  I think he may have played the odds a bit when game planning but don’t think it was an effort problem.    It was execution. Panthers were in the game despite pure suckage from the offense   

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Let me also make clear that if this did happen, heads should roll. 

This was not a meaningless game. The NFC South was still up for grabs. We could have won the division title and had a home playoff game, and would have given that Tampa pulled off the upset of the Saints.

Knowing what was at stake, if we found out they went into this half-assed, we should all be pissed off beyond belief.

Agree but I don’t think they laid down or held back  from a coaching aspect.  They were playing to win. 

Just now, TheCasillas said:

I would say if the goal was to come out of this 100% healthy for the playoffs; then it worked out.

not saying they should of done it if they did, but they did achieve the goal.

Manhertz was injured, so no. And if that were the goal, they'd have pulled starters.

And frankly, it'd be idiotic to give up home field advantage for something like this anyway.

41 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly! said:

"Day one WR routes.."

The front office,  I guarantee you, treated this ATL game as a preseason game. I think they all tried to focus on execution but there was no special gameplan for this game. 

I had that thought more than once on Sunday.

I agree with you. Watching the game again I see we did basic basic basic poo. The loss of J Stew probably effected this as well. I believe the plan is to be fine with 5th seed. Beat the Saints and possibly play Eagles with their crap ass QB situation. Then we are back in the NFC Championship possibly playing the rams. Goff to me is a younger matt ryan with more of a panic in his heart. We got this. 

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Manhertz was injured, so no. And if that were the goal, they'd have pulled starters.

And frankly, it'd be idiotic to give up home field advantage for something like this anyway.

I had a feeling you’d say manhertz.... great counter. Geez.

the saints game was lost in the final seconds and the saints were favored. Also, we used CMC very seldom and the whole Stewart and

Coleman being hurt the day of.... well that was intriguing.

fozzy was in for a lot of pass plays as well. There were just items to consider. No one knows outside of that locker rooom, but there are some interesting tacts to consider.

i commented in the game thread that their DBs were literally running our WRs routes for them.

once Rivera said he planned to pull starters if the Saints were far enough ahead i knew they weren't treating it as a serious game. but that being said, it's still not good for team morale and confidence to get destroyed a week before the most important game of the year.

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I had a feeling you’d say manhertz.... great counter. Geez.

the saints game was lost in the final seconds and the saints were favored. Also, we used CMC very seldom and the whole Stewart and

Coleman being hurt the day of.... well that was intriguing.

fozzy was in for a lot of pass plays as well. There were just items to consider. No one knows outside of that locker rooom, but there are some interesting tacts to consider.

No there aren't.

It's silly tinfoil hat stuff.

I can't imagine going in to the Atlanta game last Sunday without a game plan knowing that it could be for the division championship. I just think the game plan sucked. Tampa Bay did what we needed them to do, and we played like sh!t!

Remember what TD's wife said, you play like you practice. 

We've looked like fuging poo for weeks now, this isn't some grand conspiracy. We just have the worst group of WRs in the NFL, with an inept offensive coordinator at the helm. The only reason this offense can score at all is because Cam is an amazing football player. 

I hope I'm wrong, but I think we might get ran out the gym on Sunday.

Archived