• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Keys to victory against the Saints.

Snake

While I have no confidence this will be implemented and probably the reverse will happen here are my ways we beat NO. 

1. Run the ball early and often. Heavy sets multiple backs and formations. We want win if we don't run the ball. We don't have the WRs to pass so get them involved in the run game as well. 

2. Boot Cam out on waggle plays and let him gain yards as needed off the run. 

3. Defense needs to keep NO from big plays. We will control the clock with the run and make them waste clock as well. 

4. Keep good field position. We can't afford to turn the ball over or go 3 and out every series. Scoring isn't as big as field position. 

Welp thats it. I know easier said than done but it's our biggest shot imo. 

No 3rd and longs.   We will get destroyed if we need to convert these on a consistent basis. 

No missed tackles.  That and special teams was literally the difference in the second game. 

Must convert redzone opportunities.  The chances we get to score, we have to score touchdowns. 

3 hours ago, Snake said:

While I have no confidence this will be implemented and probably the reverse will happen here are my ways we beat NO. 

1. Run the ball early and often. Heavy sets multiple backs and formations. We want win if we don't run the ball. We don't have the WRs to pass so get them involved in the run game as well. 

2. Boot Cam out on waggle plays and let him gain yards as needed off the run. 

3. Defense needs to keep NO from big plays. We will control the clock with the run and make them waste clock as well. 

4. Keep good field position. We can't afford to turn the ball over or go 3 and out every series. Scoring isn't as big as field position. 

Welp thats it. I know easier said than done but it's our biggest shot imo. 

100% on #3.  Chunk plays killed us both times this year, stop those, and we stop the saints.  Saints thrive on 15+ yard plays, hold them to 2 or 3 in the game, and we gonna win.  

I think we need to force turnovers, something we've been hit or miss on this season, and thats why I think we need to force the pressure early this season by going fast pace, maybe even hurry up on the first drive and get us on top, force Brees and that young team to make plays and put the ball where they might not want to put it.

I feel like we are going to obliterated, which is sad because you think of division rivalry and you think close games... But on the optimistic side, I thought we'd get obliterated against Arizona in 2015, and boy was I ever wrong.... Anything is possible, but doubtful from a team who knows us inside and out. Fingers crossed

Turnovers and control the ball.  3rd downs must be in our favor, both sides.   Certainly possible but cannot let them get up big.  

One thing, we have played to the comp most of the year but the one team that has an answer is NO.  Sigh.  We gotta be super efficient and keep the ball.

6 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

Win the turnover battle. Can't be even with them. Have to at least be +1 in turnovers.

Don’t mean to interfere in your discussions but, this guy gets it. If Drew’s not on the field the Saints can’t score. #worriedalittle

Archived