• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2018 Panthers have 2 receivers , right?

Jeremy Igo

Funchess, Samuel and Byrd are fine. I mean there's only one ball and we're not suddenly gonna become a team that runs five wide all the time. The injuries are no one's fault and we shouldn't over react by going nuts drafting or signing receivers. I honestly think an heir to Olsen is more important than adding receivers. That's not to say we shouldn't take a stud if he falls to us.

18 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Well you can keep thinking that. I’ve gone over this numerous times. 

Samuel fights the ball and isn’t a natural hands catcher. Byrd has soft ass hands. I really don’t know what else to tell you. 

Samuel’s route runner definitely improved as the season went along as I’ve also stated that before. 

These two are a decent 3&4 combo it’s the 1&2 combo we need to focus on

And I’ve watched a poo ton of Samuel at OSU, I don’t just base what I’m saying off of a handful of pro games 

I think there's still a lot we don't know about Samuel at this point.

One thing we do know: He didn't play receiver in college.  He played runningback.

Rivera is known to be open to position switches.  Wonder if that's one he thinks about.

I gotta think that if healthy, Samuel would at least be better than Fozzy or CAP.

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

No. Byrd is largely the Disappearing Man, and there's a reason for that.  After seeing disappearing acts for years, I am tired of it.  Byrd can stay and play his way into a larger role, if he is to stay at all.  He is expendable.

When did he disappear? Was it during both of his IR stints? Bc yeah he wasn't there.....

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

One thing we do know: He didn't play receiver in college.  He played runningback.

Rivera is known to be open to position switches.  Wonder if that's one he thinks about.

I gotta think that if healthy, Samuel would at least be better than Fozzy or Artis-Payne.

Samuel played both WR and RB in college.

I would be open to see him getting Fozzy’s and CAP’s touches. Like you said, he’s got to be better than them and we should really sign some actual WR’s

1. Funchess
  2. Byrd
  3. Samuel

Cut everyone else get a really good WR in the draft (ex. Kirk, Miller) and pick up a really good FA WR (Ex. Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins) 

Example 2018 WR depth

1. Allen Robinson
  2. Devin Funchess
  3. Christian Kirk 
  4. Curtis Samuel
  5. Damiere Byrd

5 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:
  1. Funchess
  2. Byrd
  3. Samuel

Cut everyone else get a really good WR in the draft (ex. Kirk, Miller) and pick up a really good FA WR (Ex. Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins) 

Example 2018 WR depth

1. Allen Robinson
  2. Devin Funchess
  3. Christian Kirk 
  4. Curtis Samuel
  5. Damiere Byrd

This is the type of receiving core Cam deserves. And here's the thing, you lose any one of those guys to injury, and the rest of your lineup will still make it happen, and STILL open up plenty for Olsen and CMac. This is what you want Cam to have.

19 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Samuel played both WR and RB in college.

I would be open to see him getting Fozzy’s and CAP’s touches. Like you said, he’s got to be better than them and we should really sign some actual WR’s

Receiver position is a lot more complicated in the NFL.  The runningback position, not as much.

2 minutes ago, Monty83 said:

This is the type of receiving core Cam deserves. And here's the thing, you lose any one of those guys to injury, and the rest of your lineup will still make it happen, and STILL open up plenty for Olsen and CMac. This is what you want Cam to have.

we'll see what happens. I dont trust Hurney and he will be the one drafting / doing free agency. 

2018 may be somewhat of a lame duck season in terms of what this franchise is transitioning too , IF we get a great new owner. If we have a shitty season in 2018 right on cue with no back to back winning seasons , new owner should fire Hurney/Rivera/Shula and make alot of good positive changes before 2019 season starts 

6 minutes ago, Monty83 said:

A team coached by Ron Rivera will never prioritize a offensive position like this.

Archived