• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Giants Have The Pieces In Place To Name Steve Wilks Their Head Coach Today

bobsfoodbasics

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

It's a smart but risky move if they sign him as a coach.  Dave has inside knowledge of Wilkes which gives Wilkes an edge to some extent.  If Dave does sign him it will be interesting to see how it turns out over the next couple of seasons.

But weren't we told by many right here in this forum that nobody on the team liked Gettleman?

2 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

But weren't we told by many right here in this forum that nobody on the team liked Gettleman?

Actually someone specifically said Wilks didn't like Gettleman because of the whole Norman thing.

3 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Everyone talking about Del Rio, does he have any experience with a 4-3? All his defenses I remember him utilizing a 3-4.

Yes, when he was our DC under John Fox.

1 minute ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Completely forgot he was under Fox. For some reason I thought it was Seifert. 

Seifert ran a 4-3 too. It was a variant of some sort which used a designated pass-rusher referred to as an "elephant" (I don't remember all the specifics).

The only time we ran a 3-4 was under Capers.

1 hour ago, theballboy said:

I cant too but I’ll give him another season to prove himself after last Sunday. Cam threw for 300 plus yards with HS recievers. 

Lol...thats Cam not Shula...it's kinda like the old saying that Dean smith was only person to hold Jordan under 20 pts a game...

2 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

You can hear all kinds of ridiculous bs on the huddle.  Common sense can filter out most bullshit but common sense ain't too common.

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's been discussed. Generally assumed to be Eric Washington but Washington could follow Wilks wherever he goes. 

Voth seemed to indicate yesterday that if Wilks wants Washington the team might not block him.

If Wilks leaves, Washington follows and loosing Washington hurts more then Wilks. 

Archived