• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zero Percent

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Correct. Which means it would be no surprise if at some point Rivera said "Hey Norv, how would you like to be an offensive coordinator again?"

And I'm sure his answer was "you would have to really sell me hard on that one".

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Correct. Which means it would be no surprise if at some point Rivera said "Hey Norv, how would you like to be an offensive coordinator again?"

I seriously doubt Ron cut Shula loose prior to having Turner's agreement "in principle" to take over OC duties.

Turner has likely been at the top of Ron's wish list for OC for years now.  I'd be curious to find out how many times Rivera has already asked Turner to join him in Carolina and been turned down?   

2 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I seriously doubt Ron cut Shula loose prior to having Turner's agreement "in principle" to take over OC duties.

Turner has likely been at the top of Ron's wish list for OC for years now.  I'd be curious to find out how many time Rivera has already asked Turner to join him in Carolina and been turned down?   

Probably every time they spoke.

21 minutes ago, Snake said:

Don't sleep on Marty Hurney. He's a ok GM when given half a chance. 

I think you are right but I will go one further. So far he has been great. He is surely the one who told Rivera what to do. And Shula and Dorsey being fired is about Cam and his future. Dorsey and Shula for all their positive attributes couldn't change Cam's mechanics and tendencies such as to always bail to his left when under any pursuit which limits his accuracy throwing away from his body.

We know we need to move him to a pocket passer as he gets older. Shula and Dorsey couldn't do it. So we need to bring in an offensive coordinator who commands Cam's respect  and a quarterback coach who can be both mentor and taskmaster demanding consistency. Hurney pulled the trigger now because he has to determine if Cam can make the transition to a more traditional pocket passer who can make all the throws. You would think as smart and athletic Cam is that he should be able to make the transition easily. Otherwise Hurney has to decide if Cam is still worth  20-25 million a year as he ages into his 30s.

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I think you are right but I will go one further. So far he has been great. He is surely the one who told Rivera what to do. And Shula and Dorsey being fired is about Cam and his future. Dorsey and Shula for all their positive attributes couldn't change Cam's mechanics and tendencies such as to always bail to his left when under any pursuit which limits his accuracy throwing away from his body.

We know we need to move him to a pocket passer as he gets older. Shula and Dorsey couldn't do it. So we need to bring in an offensive coordinator who commands Cam's respect  and a quarterback coach who can be both mentor and taskmaster demanding consistency. Hurney pulled the trigger now because he has to determine if Cam can make the transition to a more traditional pocket passer who can make all the throws. You would think as smart and athletic Cam is that he should be able to make the transition easily. Otherwise Hurney has to decide if Cam is still worth  20-25 million a year as he ages into his 30s.

Hurney had nothing to do with this you best believe that.

Archived