• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman Wanted Shurmur as OC in Carolina But Ron Chose Shula

bobsfoodbasics

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Which I can understand, but that would have screwed up their working relationship. Gettleman's didn't want to do that.

Rivera and Gettleman had a very good working relationship right up to the end. Rivera said he was as shocked by Gettleman being ousted as anyone.

That shouldn't screw up any working relationship. DG has to run a team and is responsible for it succeeding or failing. RR cant possibly hold it against DG telling him a failure with zero success on his resume or anything positive to point to is not the best he can do. I think RR would be able to understand that even tho he may not like it. 

1 hour ago, steven8989 said:

Yeah and I read that Shurmer said that him and Gettleman are on the same page and agree that it all starts with the offensive line. Yeah Gettleman didn't never work on that for Cam. Giants are going to suck for awhile!!!! 

Didn't never? 

Trai turner, Norwell, Daryl Williams, Michael oher, Matt Kalil. Kalil was a bad contract and Remmers pretty much lost us the super bowl,  but the others performed decent.

And if Shula had adjusted and gave Remmers some help maybe we could have won that super bowl. But nah... He doesn't believe in adjustments

22 hours ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

Panthers win the super bowl in 2015 with Ron, Shurmur and McDermott :crying:

Take heart, friend. The Panthers win SB53 with Ron, Turner, and Washington. I come from the FUTURE (February 4th, 2019 to be exact), and so I know this like fact.

22 hours ago, beastson said:

Why is Ron Rivera involving himself with the offense

That’s a great question. It’s his prerogative as HC, but the fact is that a good HC will ensure that he has a coordinator he can trust to independently run and receive results in that coordinator’s area of expertise. In other words, Ron is a defensive mind, and should therefore ensure that his OC is independently maximizing the output of the offense. Ron’s OC shouldn’t need oversight because Ron doesn’t know enough about offense to micromanage his OC. This is one of the reasons I think Norv is a great hire. He will allow Rivera to trust his offense and focus solely on the defense. That will put our defense back in the top 3 again. 2018 may be a great year for the Panthers, especially if Hurney doesn’t f*ck up FA and the draft.

22 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

Y’all pettier than a bunch of high school girls. Seriously don’t give a fug about this, it involves someone that doesn’t work for the panthers anymore talking about someone who never did

22 hours ago, Car123 said:

Shurmur is a WCO guy, Cam isn’t. Wouldn’t have been the smartest move.

idk, Cam is ready for a short explosive passing game. But Cam needs a wr with experience, and another rookie won't help.

On 1/27/2018 at 9:44 AM, uncfan888 said:

Didn't never? 

Trai turner, Norwell, Daryl Williams, Michael oher, Matt Kalil. Kalil was a bad contract and Remmers pretty much lost us the super bowl,  but the others performed decent.

And if Shula had adjusted and gave Remmers some help maybe we could have won that super bowl. But nah... He doesn't believe in adjustments

yeah besides losing the SB and never having a decent LT...ever...then he whines because people said he needed to draft OT...and he was too smart to go away from his BPA strategy except when he panicked and drafted 3 corners along with trading up for one ...he wasn't a great OC but I betcha even Shula would have drafted a LT along the way...

31 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

yeah besides losing the SB and never having a decent LT...ever...then he whines because people said he needed to draft OT...and he was too smart to go away from his BPA strategy except when he panicked and drafted 3 corners along with trading up for one ...he wasn't a great OC but I betcha even Shula would have drafted a LT along the way...

Oher was actually pretty good. And we had tackles (like Ja'wuan James) targeted in the draft but had too low a draft pick to get him. Low round draft picks are a problem Hurney didn't generally have.

And suggesting they should have listened to Shula? Wow. Can you post without saying something incredibly stupid?

53 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

And in all that time, with perfect hindsight, who was the magical answer at LT he should have drafted? 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Oher was actually pretty good. And we had tackles (like Ja'wuan James) targeted in the draft but had too low a draft pick to get him. Low round draft picks are a problem Hurney didn't generally have.

And suggesting they should have listened to Shula? Wow. Can you post without saying something incredibly stupid?

Oher was never more than a 1 yr stop gap and everyone knew that but G'man thought he could stretch it and lost the obvious losing bet...the pt is he didn't have an answer developing while Oher was starting...close but no cigar is no excuse...If Shula suggested getting a starting LT then yes he should have listened to him... that is certainly not stupid at all...this is just another example of a failed long term plan by G-man...it's funny he would waste a trade up for players he could have gotten anyways but couldn't trade up to get a J.James who we desperately needed and pretty much still need...yeah Gettlemagic...He panic drafts 3 corners after losing Josh and we still are in need of corners...yeah Gettlemagic, and that's what is the epitome of incredibly stupid...

Archived