• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A fine mess

Jeremy Igo

Gettleman fired

Hurney hired as interim GM (wink wink)

Owner happy his guy is back

GM search never begins

Owner forced to quit

Half hearted Rooney rule GM interviews 

Hurney now under investigation, and will take many weeks to conclude.

Panthers currently have no GM with the scouting combine weeks away.

That, my friends, is a huge bowl of poo porridge to eat spoonful by spoonful.

What a fuggin mess. I've never seen anything like it and I grew up with the Bucs in the 1980s. 

Hurney can watch film at home.  Nbd

but lets panic. Thats fun. 

If hurney can draft us a stud in the 1st, im happy. 

Imo its a beautiful purge. Its like taking a massive poo or theowing up after binge drinking. 

Its necessary.  Its gotta happen. We really gotta hit a home run with the new owner. Gotta get the FO filled with competent people and gotta end up with a good GM. Biggest thing is adopting a philosophy and having everyone on board. Not a GM that makes moves towards one thing, an owner making a move in a nother direction, and a coach doing his own thing. 

Its like the trinity gotta have 3 parts all on the same page. Several different philosophies can work but we gotta all be on the same page. 

Im not going to lie...  all this turmoil makes me nervous that our team will truly collapse and we will rebuild completly. New owner, new coach, new GM, and even a new QB possibly which would make me sad. But the purge may fall right on the faultline of newtons contract and there might be a mutual seperation.  

Good news is, we do have a trye opportunity to get this franchise in the right gear. A gear and a state that was unattainable under a meddling owner. 

I'd be down for Ron to be a coach/GM

one less person to have a tug of war battle with.  I want us all on board a philosophy and attack it as unified and synchronized as possible

im ok with hurney being here as long as rivera is. adding an outside GM will just add more conflict and differentiated opinions, increasing the risk of a collapse and a rebuild. I want to avoid it as much as possible because I think it would mean we lose newton. but, if its inevitable then might as well get on with it and blow up the team

I think a new GM from outside wouldn't be the best for the team right now. thinking rationally here...

17 hours ago, The Huddler said:

Hurney can watch film at home.  Nbd

but lets panic. Thats fun. 

If hurney can draft us a stud in the 1st, im happy. 

Imo its a beautiful purge. Its like taking a massive poo or theowing up after binge drinking. 

Its necessary.  Its gotta happen. We really gotta hit a home run with the new owner. Gotta get the FO filled with competent people and gotta end up with a good GM. Biggest thing is adopting a philosophy and having everyone on board. Not a GM that makes moves towards one thing, an owner making a move in a nother direction, and a coach doing his own thing. 

Its like the trinity gotta have 3 parts all on the same page. Several different philosophies can work but we gotta all be on the same page. 

Im not going to lie...  all this turmoil makes me nervous that our team will truly collapse and we will rebuild completly. New owner, new coach, new GM, and even a new QB possibly which would make me sad. But the purge may fall right on the faultline of newtons contract and there might be a mutual seperation.  

Good news is, we do have a trye opportunity to get this franchise in the right gear. A gear and a state that was unattainable under a meddling owner. 

I agree with this in a way. People have been making es/complaints for years about the team "atmosphere" that JR had going on ( nice guy...vets over youg guns..etc etc)

Some complained about Gettleman (as all Gettlemagic until the issue with 89. and then 24.

People hated on Hurney for MANY years before Gman, during GMan and now after Gman.

Full purge should be make alot of people happy. We might as well be looking to draft a QB also, because by the time owners/gms, coaches get on board and in synergy with each other..Cam will be on his final year!

Archived