• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jason La Canfora reporting new GM hire

NJPanthers12

From Joe Person: How long can panthers pause GM search?

Here's the basics...

Jerry Richardson is trying to wait out the NFL investigation so he can give the job to Hurney.

The NFL, for the moment, is continuing its investigation.  No word on a time frame.  Could be quick.  Could drag out.

Meanwhile, the Fritz Pollard Alliance might not be satisfied with Richardson leaving everyone else twisting in the wind while he tries desperately to keep Marty Hurney in the GM chair. 

Sheesh :eyeroll:

Remember, it was apparently pressure from the Alliance that had prompted the team to do the interviews in the first place.  Now they might be fed up with Richardson putting off the decision.  They, like everyone else, seem to have caught on to his BS.

My gut feeling is that we still end up with Marty Hurney because Jerry Richardson would push through hell and high water to make that happen, but hopefully it's only for this season.

3 hours ago, NJPanthers12 said:

I don't know how to post a tweet on iPhone,  but he's reporting the Panthers are expected to hire a new GM soon, and not Hurney.

Extemely happy with the decision. Feel very bad on how the decision was made.

you are the same poster who has this place sideways like 5 years ago with your "inside sources" crap. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's funny how media types just refuse to admit that they have no idea what's going on. Always have to try to word it in a way that they appear to be in the know on the situation while basically saying that they have no fuging idea what's going on.

You do realize the insider media members know a ton more of what's going on. They just can't outright say it. They are paid by the team so they are employees that can only share what they allow them to. So we get only hints from a person in the building without outright saying everything.

Just now, NJPanthers12 said:

You're an astute poster. I've also been actively posting on these boards for the last 5 years. 

yeah no poo - i've changed my username a couple times but I used roast you and that idiot duke fan who no longer posts here on a weekly basis. 

At least you quoted a reputable source. I'm not reading 8 pages of this crap but I did see where MrScot said that old man Richardson is trying rig the system to give it to Hurney? which one is it? Re-hiring Marty as GM could be one of the worst moves this franchise could make. 

4 minutes ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

You do realize the insider media members know a ton more of what's going on. They just can't outright say it. They are paid by the team so they are employees that can only share what they allow them to. So we get only hints from a person in the building without outright saying everything.

yeah there is some truth to what you are saying here. Person is still terrible at his job though. 

7 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

yeah no poo - i've changed my username a couple times but I used roast you and that idiot duke fan who no longer posts here on a weekly basis. 

At least you quoted a reputable source. I'm not reading 8 pages of this crap but I did see where MrScot said that old man Richardson is trying rig the system to give it to Hurney? which one is it? Re-hiring Marty as GM could be one of the worst moves this franchise could make. 

Lol ok

4 hours ago, LordOfDaWingz said:

Might be a great offseason after all lol

It’s already a great offseason. We got rid of shula and hired turner. We could have hired Hurney and he could have traded all our picks to move up and take jimmy clausens little brother and it’d still be a good offseason. 

Archived