• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lake Dawson Has Second Interview With Panthers For GM Job

bobsfoodbasics

3 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Because they were I believe. They had to pick one of them to give a second interview too while Hurney was on paid leave, otherwise it's too obvious that they are holding up the search till he's cleared. Smart move.

maybe, I'm wrong but I fear I'm not. 

I'd be lying if I said this thought hadn't crossed my mind as well.

Yeah, just getting rid of Hurney doesn't mean much if we don't get someone better.

Raye and Dawson both have far better resumes in the area of talent evaluation. Neither one has been a full-time GM before (Raye was an interim when the Colts hired Chris Ballard) but they've both held executive level personnel jobs (which is more than Hurney could say when he was hired).

JR should just "promote" Hurney to team president (if Marty is cleared by the NFL of any wrongdoing) and allow Dawson to be hired as GM.  That way, the Panthers hopefully get a more competent GM and JR still gets to reward Marty for his years of loyalty.

At this point, I can't see any reason why the new owners would feel any obligation to retain Hurney or deal with his baggage, so he is likely gone once they take over regardless of his title.

On 2/9/2018 at 10:50 AM, SetfreexX said:

This needs to happen, dunno if you guys have seen this, but seems like he has the right mindset. 

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Watch-Lake-Dawson-discusses-GM-opening-/4a00b26e-05bd-42fb-9ce7-d05f1b0c569e

I'm just not a fan of hiring a guy you fired, who put this team in cap purgatory, and was the owner's personal yes man. We need a real GM, not a former journalist turned GM. 

So you're not a fan of the Giants hiring Gettleman? who won them superbowls?

I want new blood because it's crazy how Hurney has failed at the basic duties of a GM. But seems to be getting another shot. 

IMO GMs shouldn't be graded about 1st rounders, there 1st rounders that SHOULD be the easy part. They should be praised by finding the later round gems consistently and managing the cap to continually keep a franchise competitive. And these are the things I feel like Hurney has shown he can't do. 

19 hours ago, Snake said:

I have a strong feeling that the Panthers will screw this up and we have a poo season like always. 

Lol...our momentum from the Turner hire is moving towards a SB...Hurney or whoever is hired wont stop that momentum...cant stop that momentum...

Archived