• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jason La Confora: "hearing that Park Avenue is putting pressure on [Panthers] to go outside the organization for their hires and make this go away."

Saca312

Just now, Panthera onca said:

Thomas needs to read up on how narcissistic behavior manifests. You don't have to know someone personally to see it and know that person is a narcissist. Once you have been a victim of a narcissist, it's easy to see and identify one.

Just one question... What "behavior" have you actually seen from JR? Specifics please.

8 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Logic.

Well of the 2500 restaurants he owned I'm fairly sure a damn large percent of them were "attractive" young women... You know, waitresses, hostesses, bartenders, etc.

It's pretty embarrassing that you're basing all of this off of one article in from a failing magazine.

If my daughter's boss talked to her that way I would recommend one of two things. Tell him to stop or leave the company. Simple. Nobody's forcing these people to hear Jerry Richardson talk in a way that may offend them. Words like that from someone are largely insignificant.

Right. I'm sure the magazine made it all up and the people that they talked to who made complaints are just fictional.

Clearly the NFL is investigating for no good reason :eyeroll:

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Right. I'm sure the magazine made it all up and the people that they talked to who made complaints are just fictional.

No. The magazine, like large majority of media nowadays, is focused on one things. Selling stories. They embellish, and use untrustworthy sources to sell stories all the damn time. People made complaints. The question is the validity of those complaints. And nothing is out there to suggest one way or another other than a he said she said situation. Nothing at all. I'm not proclaiming JR to be innocent. I'm just dismissing people like you who claim that it's fact that he's guilty. I don't have an opinion either way and won't waste my time speculating without knowing the facts. Because that behavior is silly. And that's what you're doing.

Have you even followed the NFL recently? I'm sure they've never done anything at all for no good reason?

1 minute ago, thomas96 said:

No. The magazine, like large majority of media nowadays, is focused on one things. Selling stories. They embellish, and use untrustworthy sources to sell stories all the damn time. People made complaints. The question is the validity of those complaints. And nothing is out there to suggest one way or another other than a he said she said situation. Nothing at all. I'm not proclaiming JR to be innocent. I'm just dismissing people like you who claim that it's fact that he's guilty. I don't have an opinion either way and won't waste my time speculating without knowing the facts. Because that behavior is silly. And that's what you're doing.

Have you even followed the NFL recently? I'm sure they've never done anything at all for no good reason?

Four, legal, non-disclosure agreements, each attached to a cash payoff, and not a single one of them reported to the NFL (as league policy requires).

Does that fall under "he said, she said"?

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, that never happens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case

The Duke lacrosse case was a 2006 criminal case in which three members of the Duke University men's lacrosse team were falsely accused of rape. The case evoked varied responses from the media, faculty groups, students, the community, and others. The case's resolution sparked public discussion of racism, media bias, and due process on campuses, and ultimately led to the resignation and disbarment of the lead prosecutor, Durham County District Attorney Mike Nifong.

In March 2006, Crystal Gail Mangum, a black student at North Carolina Central University[1][2] who worked as a stripper,[3] dancer, accused three white Duke University students – all members of the Duke Blue Devils men's lacrosse team – of raping her. The rape was alleged to have occurred at a party held at the house of two of the team's captains in Durham on March 13, 2006. Durham District Attorney Nifong suggested that the alleged rape was a hate crime.[4][5][6][7]

In response to the allegations, Duke University suspended the lacrosse team for two games on March 28, 2006. The following week, on April 5, Duke lacrosse coach Mike Pressler was forced to resign under threat by athletic director Joe Alleva, and Duke president Richard Brodhead canceled the remainder of the 2006 season.[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Rape_on_Campus

"A Rape on Campus" is a Rolling Stone magazine article, written by Sabrina Erdely and originally published on November 19, 2014, that describes a purported group sexual assault at the University of Virginia (UVA). Rolling Stone retracted the story in its entirety on April 5, 2015.

The article claimed that a UVA student, identified only as "Jackie" by the magazine, had been taken to a party hosted by the Phi Kappa Psi fraternity at UVA by a fellow student. At the party, Jackie alleged in the article, her date led her to a bedroom where she was raped by several fraternity members as part of an initiation rite.

Jackie's account generated much media attention, and UVA suspended the fraternity. After other journalists investigated the article's claims and found significant discrepancies, Rolling Stone issued multiple apologies for the story. Further investigation concluded that Jackie had fabricated the incident. According to multiple media, Jackie may have invented the gang rape story in an unsuccessful attempt to win the affections of a fellow student that she had a romantic interest in; other sources suggested that PTSD might be a factor in Jackie's creation of the story. Later, Jackie herself said that she believed her story at the time.

On January 12, 2015, Charlottesville Police Department officials told UVA that an investigation had failed to find any evidence confirming the events in the Rolling Stone article. On January 30, 2015, UVA President Teresa Sullivan acknowledged that the Rolling Stone story was discredited. Charlottesville Police officially suspended their four-month investigation on March 23, 2015, based on lack of credible evidence. At the request of Rolling Stone publisher Jann S. Wenner, the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism agreed to audit the editorial processes that culminated in the article being published. On April 5, 2015, Rolling Stone retracted the article and published the independent report on the publication's history. UVA associate dean Nicole Eramo, the Phi Kappa Psi fraternity, and several fraternity members have since filed lawsuits against Erdely and Rolling Stone.

In light of the findings, Erik Wemple of The Washington Post pronounced the story "a complete crock". In the Columbia Journalism Review, Bill Grueskin called the story "a mess—thinly sourced, full of erroneous assumptions, and plagued by gaping holes in the reporting". The Columbia Journalism Review called the story "this year's media-fail sweepstakes" and the Poynter Institute named it as the "Error of the Year" in journalism.

Archived