• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just Finished a Live Three Round Mock Draft on Twitter...

Soul Rebel

Joined up with some other draft aficionados that I was on twitter with last year and we decided to jump back in again this year. 

Here's what I was able to pull in for our Panthers this year..... fire away!!

• 1.24 - Billy Price G/C  Ohio State
    •  The way the board fell this flexible OL made a lot of sense given the options. Can step in this year at RG if/when Norwell walks, and then shift over to C after Ryan is done. 
  • 2.25 - Kyzir White  SAF  West Virginia
    • Was pondering on going TE here, but felt that a few that I liked would be there in the 3rd. No DE that I liked for us, and too soon for Sweat... plus I think we need a FA DE with Hall in the fold... no need to spend an early pick on another young DE, IMO. Some WR talent here, but..........
  • **TRADE ALERT** - Pittsburgh sends WR Martavis Bryant to the Panthers for 2018 3rd Round selection (88th overall via Buffalo)
    • The Steelers GM traded one of his thirds earlier and was good trading the second of our two third rounders. Panthers add a 6'5" 4.3 WR on a cheap contract for '18 to Cam's arsenal. Bringing home the South Carolina HS and Clemson product to give us a young WR that will boost our offense immediately, rather than bringing in another rookie WR. Samuel and Byrd fill out the WR3 & WR4 spots and will compliment Bryant. If Bryant keeps his nose clean, we can re-sign him after Kalil comes off the books in 2019 FA. If he flops/gets suspended, we let him walk.
  • 3.22 - Mike Geisicki  TE  Penn State
    • Sure enough there were a couple of TEs here so I took the one I liked best. The CB, RB and DE prospects were not as high value for me as Geisicki was. Pairing him under Olsen's wing would be awesome. Also gives Norv his TE2 for this offense. I think Gesicki will have a great showing at the underwear olympics and we would be fortunate to snag him at the end of R3. 

We stopped at three rounds. There was a good amount of wheeling and dealing, so I would've attempted to move back into the fourth for a JStew replacement. Lots of talent at RB was still on the board, so I think we could've completed our offensive overhaul. I def think one of Penny, Johnson or Adams would've been there in the 4th. 

Thabjs for the feedback. Wow, I'm trying to think of a Billy Miller in sports..haha. *Edited* Thank you

R1 - Derwin James went at 19 and Ridley at 21. Ridley was the only WR in R1, but I reeeeeeally don't want another young WR - prefer us to get a vet. Vea was probably BPA at 24. Wynn was still  around too. Hubbard went 25 & Hughes went 34. Oliver (I like) Jackson (Like) and Harrison (not a fan of) were all gone too.

R2 - Goedert was probably BPA and it came down to him or White. I felt SAF was more important than a TE and that I would have more options at TE in R3 and didn't want to risk missing out on a SAF that I like. Guys like James Washington, DJ Moore were still available and MJ Stewart too.

R3 - With a veteran WR acquired, IOL help and SAF locked in, I set my eyes on TE. Da'Shawn Hand was a possibility but I really want to help Cam this off season. There were RBs there in R3 (Penny, Kelly, etc) but I was fine with gambling on one being there later. If not I think FA can land us a good RB....though I'd prefer the cheapness of a day 3 back over a FA.

23 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

James Washington

I'd love to know what we think about this guy. He's a guy who I think will be all over draft boards depending on system and what they're looking for out of a WR. All I know is that this guy looks like one of the if not the best pure deep threat in college football and damn if we don't need one of those. I don't know what his timed speed will be but he looks faster than anyone else on the field every time he suits up and when that ball is in the air he tracks it and goes and gets it as well as anyone. 

DJ Moore, Miller and St. Brown are three guys I like IF we do draft a WR. I'm on the fence with Kirk, but he does intrigue me and appear to have the complete tool set too.

My hurdle to get over in this draft is us not using a draft selection on a WR. I'd prefer TE, RB and IOL help, and use FA to address WR.  We've got a sophomore that was injured, but showed flashes with a whole summer to get up to speed. We also have a guy entering his third year that showed even more potential. I just wouldn't want to bring in a 21 year old rookie that we have to wait on as well. Trade for Bryant... maybe Coleman in CLE if he's available..... or grab Lee/Richardson/Watkins in FA. A vet with experience would do wonders for Samuel and Byrd, and would lighten the load on Funch. 

Archived