• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gano signs 4 yr $17 Million w/ $9 Million Guaranteed

SOJA

1 minute ago, Car123 said:

Show me any post, at any time, where you have admitted Hurney made any mistakes. Until then, accept your daily beating and crawl away as usual.

Wow... OK my bad. You found the unicorn. And only after me asking you on numerous occasions. How about a response to the rest. 

2 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Kasay kicked for us until the age of 40. Gano is 30 and just hitting his stride. I can't understand who has a clue, not being excited.

And we had to sign an extra kicker for kick offs. Wasted roster position and salary cap. Also, Kasay's distance was diminished considerably at the end.

8 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Wow... OK my bad. You found the unicorn. And only after me asking you on numerous occasions. How about a response to the rest. 

I have criticized Hurney many times. I just believe he’s a far better GM than Gettleman. 

I never saw the posts, but I will take your word for it. I no longer believe you are a Gettleman nuthugger.

4 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

So it only took a 9 million dollar contract to trigger half the forum. I can't wait for a real signing.

Yeah the huddle has went to crap. Use to be fun to come on here and read articles. But everyone has the stupid threads about the same crap. Someone needs to take over and fix this site.

3 hours ago, BrianS said:

In fact, he did not.

John Kasay, career stats:  40-49 yards 120 / 161 (74.5% make) . . . 50+ yards 42 / 83 (50.6% make)

Graham Gano, career stats:  40-49 yards 74 / 92 (80.4% make) . . . 50+ yards 17 / 31 (54.8% make)

You can't blame Gano for not having a 20 year career yet.  But comparing him to Kasay, he's actually slightly better from long range, not quite as good from medium and short.  Pick your poison I guess.

But your numbers don't take the actual FGs into account and just gives ranges.  Moreover,  I said "more than most," not necessarily more than Gano.  

Even if Gano kicks another decade, at his current pace,  he still comes up substantially short of Kasay's sheer numbers which is quite impressive. 

Here's some more perspective. 

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/147745-the-little-giants-want-to-go-after-another-player/?do=findComment&comment=4450281

3 hours ago, Toomers said:

Honestly. Can you show me a time where you DIDNT think whatever move was made was a good idea? Just one. Blind faith in every move the FO ever makes is unrealistic. 

Lots of moves I don't agree with. Like franchising Hardy for example given his instability. I didn't like getting rid of Benjamin initially even though it may have been a good move. The difference is I don't go in every thread bitching and moaning about every decision I don't agree with like some folks here.

1 hour ago, ChibCU said:

And we had to sign an extra kicker for kick offs. Wasted roster position and salary cap. Also, Kasay's distance was diminished considerably at the end.

Agreed that Kasay did decline but finding good kickers aren't easy. Even after we let him go, the Saints signed him. That is why keeping Gano was a good move.

3 hours ago, thefuzz said:

It's a fuging joke about you guys who love making our players "the highest paid in the league" like that's some cool thing to do or something.

Making an average kicker the highest or second highest paid K in the league is stupid no matter which way you turn it....even more stupid...letting go of a much cheaper option just under a year ago that was under contract.

Not if he was one of the best kickers right now which based on 2017 he was. If he sucks in 2018 you might have a point but until then you got nothing. Keep in mind that while his contract is higher because he just signed, in a year or two he will be a bargain if he continues to.perform as he did last year.

7 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Lots of moves I don't agree with. Like franchising Hardy for example given his instability. I didn't like getting rid of Benjamin initially even though it may have been a good move. The difference is I don't go in every thread bitching and moaning about every decision I don't agree with like some folks here.

Well I wasn’t around for the Hardy tag. So you have 1(or2) over 4-5 years? But you defend every move(or 99.9%) in those same threads. Yes or No? 

Archived